PDA

View Full Version : Subscribe to specific forums

Roflcopter
December 14th, 2012, 02:35 AM
With the new post counter currently showing any new posts, I suggest a way to add or remove forums from it, ie: I only care about mafia discussion and I don't want anything from FMs/gen disc appearing

Or I don't care about FMs and only want non-fm related things appearing.

clementine
December 14th, 2012, 01:40 PM
This sounds like following people on tumblr! Maybe its set up so you have to see all the new posts to encourage users to participate in more new threads instead of self-limiting to a specific area. *shrug*

Alternatively, what if I'm interested in following certain users' posts? Could it be possible to mark threads in some way to say like "A user whose posts you follow has posted in this thread" maybe by italicizing the post titles in the search results? For example, BorkBot consistently seems to have intelligent things to say about the topics he posts in. It's sometimes hard to identify which topics he has posted in without just clicking through all of them.

Lysergic
December 14th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I feel like this would discourage people from being active in the ENTIRE site as opposed to just a few sections.

Brendan
December 14th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I like this idea, when the main FM comes around, I don't like seeing all of the posts there when I'm not playing...

Roflcopter
December 28th, 2012, 04:35 PM
With the main FM starting soon and circlejerk in full swing, i'd like to bring this idea back up for discussion.