PDA

View Full Version : the 3 spies

ika
December 10th, 2012, 08:48 PM
ok so the grand spy is thinking about electing a new grand spy so he has a challenge for the 3 spies. you are one of those spies

he puts a red dot or a green dot on everyones head. you do not know your own color. the grand spy said that the game is fair and everyone has an equal chance of finding out your own. so he puts all 3 of you into a room and say if you see a red dot you are to raise your hand. when you look you see the other 2 spies have red dots, hoever all 3 spies raise their hands.

the question now is this: what color dot do you have and how do you figure it out.

note: there are no mirriors, reflection tricks, or such of things like that. there is a logical way to figure out what you have.

gl

creedkingsx
December 10th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Presumably you have a green dot. He says to raise your hand if you see a red dot, singular, so you already know they will both raise their hand since you see a red dot on both of them and they can see each other. The fact that the green dot is even mentioned in the puzzle means their should be one, and that leaves you.

Slaol
December 10th, 2012, 08:56 PM
How does someone win? Correctly guess their color first?

Damus_Graves
December 10th, 2012, 08:57 PM
If I was the spy master I would put a red dot on everyone.

Slaol
December 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM

My thoughts exactly. The green is likely a diversion. I can assume it is to trick people into picking it.

creedkingsx
December 10th, 2012, 09:01 PM

there is not spy master.
:D

Roflcopter
December 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM
ok so the grand spy is thinking about electing a new grand spy so he has a challenge for the 3 spies. you are one of those spies

he puts a red dot or a green dot on everyones head. you do not know your own color. the grand spy said that the game is fair and everyone has an equal chance of finding out your own. so he puts all 3 of you into a room and say if you see a red dot you are to raise your hand. when you look you see the other 2 spies have red dots, hoever all 3 spies raise their hands.

the question now is this: what color dot do you have and how do you figure it out.

note: there are no mirriors, reflection tricks, or such of things like that. there is a logical way to figure out what you have.

gl

In order for the game to be fair and everyone having an EQUAL chance of finding out their own
-
Everyone would have to have the same colored dot, so that means I have a red dot on my forehead.

Slaol
December 10th, 2012, 10:10 PM
In order for the game to be fair and everyone having an EQUAL chance of finding out their own
-
Everyone would have to have the same colored dot, so that means I have a red dot on my forehead.

Bang. Rofl wins. I also thought it was red, but with less reason.

ika
December 12th, 2012, 10:17 AM
correct rolfcopter nice job on figuring it out