View Full Version : Accounts should be instantly auto approved for forums

Roflcopter
November 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Title

Discuss

Cryptonic
November 30th, 2012, 02:36 PM
It's the anti-ad bot.
Prevents people from making smurfs. I'm pretty sure if you have a unique IP, you can instantly register.

Yayap
November 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
More anti-smurf than anti-bot but yea.. we need that email server fixed.

Roflcopter
November 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
That's incorrect cryptonic, if that was true I wouldn't suggest this.

Gingerape
November 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM
>Implying I'm not a smurf.
>Implying I didn't make at least 20 smurf accounts when we didn't have the anti-ad bot

Cryptonic
November 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Yea, before the anti-ads, whenever I made an account it was instantly approved. Since it's been around, it says "waiting for email confirmation" which never arrives.

Yayap
November 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Yea, before the anti-ads, whenever I made an account it was instantly approved. Since it's been around, it says "waiting for email confirmation" which never arrives.

That was before Oops install spamomatic... you don't know how many accounts we banned for being bots even with email confirmation on. aprox 5 accounts per day.

creedkingsx
November 30th, 2012, 03:12 PM
That was before Oops install spamomatic... you don't know how many accounts we banned for being bots even with email confirmation on. aprox 5 accounts per day.

Still not mentioning the time Trollzor made like 50 smurfs and posted obnoxious amounts of inappropriate pictures everywhere.

TimeTrx
November 30th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I do not suggest this.

Yayap
November 30th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I've allowed users on email confirmation list to be able to post in reports section for both reporting a player and for appeals on reports against them. That is the only place I think they should post before I approve their accounts.

Roflcopter
November 30th, 2012, 03:59 PM
What about mafia bug reports section?

Or what if they find a bug with the site and want to report it to site discussion?

And what harm could they do with general discussion?

If they joined they should also be able to view mafia discussion since they play the game and may want to discuss it.

Legacy
November 30th, 2012, 04:58 PM
No. Just no.

Roflcopter
November 30th, 2012, 05:08 PM
The point of this is to get more popularity to the forums, what possible reason do you have for rejecting?

Apocist
November 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I've allowed users on email confirmation list to be able to post in reports section for both reporting a player and for appeals on reports against them. That is the only place I think they should post before I approve their accounts.

The only issue is that email confirmation does not work...emails are never sent out

creedkingsx
November 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
The point of this is to get more popularity to the forums, what possible reason do you have for rejecting?

Still not mentioning the time Trollzor made like 50 smurfs and posted obnoxious amounts of inappropriate pictures everywhere.

By inappropriate, I means pictures of dicks.
Everywhere.
I don't know, sounds like a decent reason.

Glip
November 30th, 2012, 05:42 PM
By inappropriate, I means pictures of dicks.
Everywhere.
I don't know, sounds like a decent reason.

It is a sad day when the immaturity of your average internet user is so damn high that you can't allow open registration for your forum without fearing people going around posting pictures of dicks everywhere.

Legacy
November 30th, 2012, 05:43 PM

We need to stop the creation of smurfs and the registration of spammers.

Legacy
November 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
It is a sad day when the immaturity of your average internet user is so damn high that you can't allow open registration for your forum without fearing people going around posting pictures of dicks everywhere.

Like this?

You're sick.

Yayap
November 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I'm approving the accounts regularly now till email server is fixed.

oops_ur_dead
December 1st, 2012, 07:49 PM
The email server is out of my control. It's on the schedule of the VPS provider for it to be fixed.

This has nothing to do with the anti-spam.