PDA

View Full Version : New Hacking Policy *ingame*

Raptorblaze
November 26th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Zero Tolerance

You WILL be permanently banned if caught. End of Story. First Offense.

Thank you.

Bank hacking punishments are remaining the same however.

Jim
November 26th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I havn't played SC2 in a while but they have hacks now?? (Can I have an example)

TimeTrx
November 26th, 2012, 04:00 PM
raptorblaze for mayor of hackville,

but serious how can you hack game? Is it considered if you leave and give your partner who is in skype all of the roles?

Brendan
November 26th, 2012, 04:07 PM

but serious how can you hack game? Is it considered if you leave and give your partner who is in skype all of the roles?

No...

Jim
November 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM

That is not hacking though, it might be abusing the system but hacking is more of using a third party exploit or something like that in my opinion.

TimeTrx
November 26th, 2012, 04:15 PM
That is not hacking though, it might be abusing the system but hacking is more of using a third party exploit or something like that in my opinion.

So like figuring how to use mod powers when your not a mod, and kicking people in mass by using that exploit?

Raptorblaze
November 26th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I can't comment on what the hacks do or how they work, just that we know they exist and will be swift and violent if you're caught using them.

Ash
November 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM

no lol wow ur such a noob. u should know this by now.

that's called cheating. hacking is the action of using a program to break in a certain website/server/game to ur advantage.

RLVG
November 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I agree on Zero Tolerance. Players continue to use certain maphacks that let's you see the perspective of other players.

Even if we're doing a permanent ban, we're as nice as to remove evidence that the hack even occured...
Or is "zero tolerance" combined by submitting it to Blizz?

TimeTrx
November 26th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I agree on Zero Tolerance. Players continue to use certain maphacks that let's you see the perspective of other players.

Even if we're doing a permanent ban, we're as nice as to remove evidence that the hack even occured...
Or is "zero tolerance" combined by submitting it to Blizz?
Well, hacking/using third party programs is against the ToS. So maybe?

Slaol
November 26th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I can't comment on what the hacks do or how they work, just that we know they exist and will be swift and violent if you're caught using them.

I, Seeker Slaol, would like to know how I might look for the ingame hacking?

Edit: Also, please add this to the load screen. Zero tolerance is the way to go, but they should know that it exists.

Lysergic
November 26th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I, Seeker Slaol, would like to know how I might look for the ingame hacking?

Edit: Also, please add this to the load screen. Zero tolerance is the way to go, but they should know that it exists.

It's fairly obvious when it happens. Mainly just knowing things that shouldn't be possible (i.e. who the scum are on day 1 as a role like Doctor or Bodyguard). Like Rap said, we can't go into too much detail since that basically advertises the hacks. But we know what they are and we know how they work.

Well, hacking/using third party programs is against the ToS. So maybe?

So far we have not been reporting them to Blizz; seems like that would take it a bit too far. However, if it becomes a large problem, don't rule that out as a possibility.

Slaol
November 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM
It's fairly obvious when it happens. Mainly just knowing things that shouldn't be possible (i.e. who the scum are on day 1 as a role like Doctor or Bodyguard). Like Rap said, we can't go into too much detail since that basically advertises the hacks. But we know what they are and we know how they work.

Yes sir. Will report the obvious.

TimeTrx
November 26th, 2012, 05:46 PM
All you have done with this thread is make me find the hacks and try them.

Why you tempt me?

Yayap
November 26th, 2012, 06:22 PM
All you have done with this thread is make me find the hacks and try them.

Why you tempt me?

Yayap raises permabanhammer! Is that enough to nullify temptation?

TimeTrx
November 26th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Yayap raises permabanhammer! Is that enough to nullify temptation?

Who is Yayap?

Apocist
November 26th, 2012, 06:52 PM
If someone is hacking, even if it's within SC2Mafia, I'ma report them to blizzard. It would be an issue for both parties.

Auckmid
November 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM
The old policy used to some tolerance to hacking0.o. Guess I missed my opportunity there.

Blazer
November 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM
The old policy used to some tolerance to hacking0.o. Guess I missed my opportunity there.

I was thinking the same thing....*resets bank files to original state without his wall hack and aimbot*

Raptorblaze
November 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
The old policy would have followed the same listing progression as everything else, I'm making a specific exception for people caught using hacks to rig or ruin the game that they are sent straight to permanent ban.

TimeTrx
November 26th, 2012, 08:08 PM
The old policy would have followed the same listing progression as everything else, I'm making a specific exception for people caught using hacks to rig or ruin the game that they are sent straight to permanent ban.

A.K.A. Archangel

Brendan
November 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM
A.K.A. Archangel

...I don't think you understand...

Jim
November 26th, 2012, 09:04 PM
...I don't think you understand...

Maybe trolling/griefing and hacking is the same to him???

Legacy
November 26th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I personally agree with this and think that hackers should be banned by Blizzard Entertainment. They deserve to be banned and should be banned from any and every game.

Legacy
November 27th, 2012, 08:22 AM
inb4ban

Lysergic
November 27th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I believe oops is deleting all of his posts; I already banned him.

EDIT:

Linking to hacks is a GREAT way to not only get permabanned but to have EVERY POST YOU EVERY MADE on these forums hard deleted. Just saying.

oops_ur_dead
November 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I believe oops is deleting all of his posts; I already banned him.

EDIT:

Linking to hacks is a GREAT way to not only get permabanned but to have EVERY POST YOU EVERY MADE on these forums hard deleted. Just saying.

I was too lazy to go through and delete all his posts manually lol.

RLVG
November 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I was too lazy to go through and delete all his posts manually lol.

That's the path I follow. "No loose ends."

CmG
November 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
sc2mafia is already easy enough. Why hack? :O

TimeTrx
November 27th, 2012, 12:07 PM
sc2mafia is already easy enough. Why hack? :O

Could either be for constructive or destructive reasons.