PDA

View Full Version : Grand Opening

Dark.Revenant
April 6th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Mafia is now a public beta release! See it on North America as -Mafia-

Antranger
April 10th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Serial Killer and Mafia kill function is broken with new version.

Dark.Revenant
April 10th, 2011, 07:55 PM
That's been recently fixed.

Frogsterking
April 10th, 2011, 11:09 PM
The game is great, I've played about ten games and I love it so far. However, my computer has crashed several times while playing this game, the monitor goes haywire with crazy colors and the computer becomes unresponsive. I haven't had this happen in any other custom games so I'm thinking it's a bug in Mafia.

Dark.Revenant
April 11th, 2011, 01:35 AM
It could be that you have an old video card that can't handle the far-distance drawing that Mafia uses for the skybox. What are your system specs?

Frogsterking
April 11th, 2011, 09:17 AM
My computer is pretty good, I just bought it recently. The video card is from the ATI HD 5600 series, PCU is AMD Black Phenom II.

Dark.Revenant
April 11th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure what to say. I have never had this happen to me except when my video card overheats. What are your temperatures when this happens?

Frogsterking
April 11th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I have a cooling system so my temperatures should have been fine, but it's true my video card could have been overheating. I've been playing a lot today and having no problems.

Also will you be alternating the settings for DR's choice and adding new classes soon? Now is a good time to be updating to keep the game at the top as long as possible imo. I heard some people suggest a new side called Cultists with Leaders/Underlings that sounded like it could be fun.

tacokiller99199
April 11th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Looks like Mafia is soon to be #1 on NA servers.

Dark.Revenant
April 11th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I'm adding new roles starting tomorrow.

Omgproberush
April 11th, 2011, 04:38 PM
The game's excellent and is sucking up my free time playing SC2. And you're certainly putting in a lot of work, as there's an update or two every day it seems. You did a great job (especially with some of the sequences shortened so it's not as long of a game).