PDA

View Full Version : Shoutbox

TimeTrx
November 19th, 2012, 08:28 PM
We should totally, absolutely have one. It would be sweet. Think about it. You could talk to the people on the forum in real time by text. Oops_ur_dead would have to do no work because its a plugin all he have to do is install it. It is simple and easy to use and some of them limit words (or have filters) and moderation would be no problem as staff has full access to modify/delete/etc any shouts.

This would help the community grow and would not take a lot of time to get it implemented.

Roflcopter
November 22nd, 2012, 12:05 AM
I would love dis, oops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0

Apocist
November 22nd, 2012, 01:27 AM
Don't we practically do that anyways?

creedkingsx
November 22nd, 2012, 01:34 AM
On skype, yes.

Apocist
November 22nd, 2012, 01:38 AM
On skype, yes.

..... Why is everyone on skype? Nothing is compatible with multi-IM-accounting with that...

creedkingsx
November 22nd, 2012, 02:17 AM
..... Why is everyone on skype? Nothing is compatible with multi-IM-accounting with that...

not too sure.
But lotsa people dere.
Occasionally.

Jr4life24
November 22nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
On skype, yes.

>.>
I see how it is

TimeTrx
November 22nd, 2012, 02:58 PM
This why we should have a shoutbox. There are people who do not use skype and it is not like the public skype channel is used 24/7. This would be more active and pro-active for the site.

oops_ur_dead
November 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
It would literally last 4 seconds before it was flooded with spam. But if you really want one, sure.

AppleyNO
November 22nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
It would literally last 4 seconds before it was flooded with spam. But if you really want one, sure.
lol

This man speaks the Truth. Should we have some sort of system in place to prevent spam? Like a timer or something? Maybe infract for spamming?

EDIT: Or we could just let the shoutbox go wild. xD

TimeTrx
November 22nd, 2012, 10:44 PM

You know with some of the shoutbox plugins you can limit who can use it, how many posts per hour/day, and any admin/mod/keeper could delete/modify the post. Not to mention the spam filter build in on some of them/cursing filter.

Edit: Please restrict restricted users and new users less than (3-5 forum posts) from posting in the shoutbox.

Edit #2: Please if there is a post limit allow donors, patrons, and benefactors more posts or no limit at all.

Edit #3: Please do not allow Ash to use it or restrict his posts severely like to 1 an hour.

Glip
November 22nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
You know with some of the shoutbox plugins you can limit who can use it, how many posts per hour/day, and any admin/mod/keeper could delete/modify the post. Not to mention the spam filter build in on some of them/cursing filter.

Edit: Please restrict restricted users and new users less than (3-5 forum posts) from posting in the shoutbox.

Edit #2: Please if there is a post limit allow donors, patrons, and benefactors more posts or no limit at all.

Edit #3: Please do not allow Ash to use it or restrict his posts severely like to 1 an hour.

Don't give donors any benefits. Patrons and benefactors are fine, but it's too easy for the trolls to just donate $1 or some other piddly amount and get into the donor usergroup, as Bruno and Archangel did long ago.

TimeTrx
November 23rd, 2012, 02:05 AM
Oops, where is it?

Jim
November 23rd, 2012, 02:16 AM

Targeting Ash isn't nice, also if ur gonna do it make it V.I.P. and Patron/benefactors so u know it isn't trolls cus it takes time to get V.I.P.

TimeTrx
November 23rd, 2012, 02:32 AM
Targeting Ash isn't nice, also if ur gonna do it make it V.I.P. and Patron/benefactors so u know it isn't trolls cus it takes time to get V.I.P.

Who said anything about targeting people. I'm targeting my cleverly disguised spam bot. >.>

Jim
November 23rd, 2012, 02:38 AM
Who said anything about targeting people. I'm targeting my cleverly disguised spam bot. >.>

What I do not undestand what you are talking about, you said don't allow Ash.

TimeTrx
November 23rd, 2012, 07:52 PM
What I do not undestand what you are talking about, you said don't allow Ash.

Because of the spam.