PDA

View Full Version : **READ FIRST** Welcome to the MafiaWiki!

oops_ur_dead
April 30th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Hello, I'm your friendly wiki Sysop. I administrate and control the MafiaWiki. I'm here to tell you some stuff about the MafiaWiki.

MafiaWiki is located at wiki.thecouncilofmages.com. It runs on MediaWiki, a project developed as the backend of Wikipedia. MediaWiki is a stable and mature wiki software, and is probably the most popular wiki software in the world.

The wiki is a community-written site. You guys are encouraged to participate. As you may have noticed, the wiki is pretty bare right now. We need people to fill it up with roles and strategies. If you want to make a new page, look at the existing pages and copy them, so that you can get a basic outline.

I do have some rules, though, to keep a certain amount of quality

1. No Vandalism. This is obvious. Vandalism means editing or changing anything on the wiki for mischievous purposes.
2. Use proper grammar and spelling. We don't want the wiki to be painful to read.
3. Conform to standards and keep articles uniform. The wiki should not be all over the place. The wiki should be clean and consistent.

Check back often, as I'll be updating this topic as issues and ideas arise.

NOTE ON STRATEGY PAGES: The Strategies categories are just that, categories. You aren't meant to post your strategies there, you're meant to create new strategy pages and categorize them properly. Also, strategy pages are meant for more involved, multi-role strategies, or general town/mafia/neutral strategies. Strategies specific to a role should go in the strategies section of that role's page. Also, the Strategies list in the role infobox is meant to contain links to relevant strategy pages.

Styx
May 14th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Plato as of right now I've written the wiki for every role on the actual wiki; if you want to add to it, you're more than welcome to. I've attached a list of all of the common codes used in editing, the rest of it is really simple. Otherwise if you want something added but don't want to add it just write it in here and either me or someone else will add it in for you.

To create a new heading within a page: ==Text==
To link to another page: [[Page]] eg. [[Sheriff]]
To create a dot point add an * at the start of the line
To indent add a : at the start of a line
To add an info-box to a page: I'd recommend copy and pasting the code from an existing page and editing it
To create a new page search for the name of the page you want to create and press edit, additionally to add it to an existing category add [[Category:Town]] if you want it to be town at the top of the code

That should be more than enough to get you started!