PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Lock Threads

Slaol
October 26th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Recently there has been a decent amount of necroing going on. I have done it on an occasion, but these recent acts have been to add nothing to the idea, and not to revisit the idea or anything that could be moderately construed as constructive. They have simply been talking about something off topic in the thread or something completely unrelated.

Can we set a time limit on threads? Like 3 weeks since most recent post, or something? Some old ideas that were deemed poor at one point (like Mason turning Mason Leader if spawning alone) might appear reasonable later on (as that setting is now in the game), and those can be created in new threads with new arguments and re-visioning going on, but the resent trend is just annoying and clutters the pages with outdated ideas and conversations.

Get on it mods.

creedkingsx
October 27th, 2012, 01:37 AM
We leave them open in case there is a legitimate reason for necro'ing them.
While rare, it happens some times. Especially in R&D, but in Gen Disc, as well, sometimes.

oops_ur_dead
October 27th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I could implement this, yes, but I want more opinions first.

Slaol
October 27th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I could implement this, yes, but I want more opinions first.

Added a poll with general options for easy opinion sharing.

Chane
October 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I agree with the last

Auckmid
October 28th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Where is the "No, sometimes there are some legitemate reasons for bringing them back up" option?

creedkingsx
October 28th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Where is the "No, sometimes there are some legitemate reasons for bringing them back up" option?

In my first post. :3

Slaol
October 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM

I meant the first option to support all ideas for this to not be implemented. Even I note that sometimes (SOMETIMES) good ideas can be thrown back into the discussion, but just put "necroing is fine" to cover all the reasons to be against my idea.

Lysergic
October 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I personally don't support this. It's not a big enough issue to warrant locking ALL old threads (and precluding the possibility of reviving a discussion with valid points).

If someone necro's a thread just to spam or post farm, the post will be deleted and they will be infracted. And I'm relatively sure deleting the necroing post will bump the thread back down in the recent topics list.

Damus_Graves
October 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Recently there has been a decent amount of necroing going on. I have done it on an occasion, but these recent acts have been to add nothing to the idea, and not to revisit the idea or anything that could be moderately construed as constructive. They have simply been talking about something off topic in the thread or something completely unrelated.

Can we set a time limit on threads? Like 3 weeks since most recent post, or something? Some old ideas that were deemed poor at one point (like Mason turning Mason Leader if spawning alone) might appear reasonable later on (as that setting is now in the game), and those can be created in new threads with new arguments and re-visioning going on, but the resent trend is just annoying and clutters the pages with outdated ideas and conversations.

Get on it mods.

This right here says to me "ignore this troll thread"

Reasonable Necro does exist. Until it doesn't old threads should be left open