PDA

View Full Version : S-FM: The Social Experiment

Glip
October 24th, 2012, 12:08 AM
S-FM: The Social Experiment

http://youtu.be/_pGaz_qN0cw

(Music unrelated. I have an idea for a LOTR FM, but it would be best as a full-size FM, and I don't see myself getting permissions to host one of those any time soon.)

The premise of this S-FM is an experiment to see what happens when you take the PR out of the mix. No investigative roles, no healing, or anything. Just pure scumhunting. For an added twist, to make the town beware of lynching themselves, there is an executioner that ends the game if his town target is lynched.

There will be no RP. Focus on the game!

The game will start on Day 1 with lynch.

Days and nights will be 24 hours unless otherwise stated.

Roles List:

Mafioso
Mafioso
Executioner
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Role Cards:

The Citizen is the bread-and-butter role of Mafia (when played traditionally) and often tend to make up much of the town.

-Does NOT win ties against mafia

The Executioner is a neutral role with no active abilities. The Executioner wins if his target is lynched during the day, ending the game with an Executioner win.
If his target dies at night, he will receive a new target.

-Target is always town

The Mafioso is essentially a Mafia-aligned Citizen. Has no night ability but to be sent for kills. But hey, atleast you have the power of the vote, right?

Order of Operations:

1) Night Chats Open
2) Killing Actions

Rules and Regulations:

No Private Messages / Rep Messages
No quoting PM's. Ever.
No autoplay music. There will be music on the first post of day and night.
You may lie about game mechanics at your own risk. If questioned, I will correct it.
Any Mafia or Neutral role can write a Death Note with Killing Action.
No Skype. Period.
You cannot use invisible text.
Actions / last wills sent after deadlines will be ignored.
Votes must be in red. Ex: -vote Glip
Questions must be in green. Ex: Why is Glip so awesome?
Any violation of the rules may result in a warning or immediate removal from game.

Roflcopter
October 24th, 2012, 12:09 AM
This should be very interesting.
+1

Though idk how I feel about executioner instantly ending game.

And is a long night, or a night AT ALL really required?

EDIT:

Is executioner invulnerable?

Glip
October 24th, 2012, 12:14 AM
This should be very interesting.
+1

Though idk how I feel about executioner instantly ending game.

And is a long night, or a night AT ALL really required?

EDIT:

Is executioner invulnerable?

Night will of course end early if the mafia decide that they don't need to chat anymore and send in their night action.

If only one mafioso remains, night will end as soon as he sends in his final decision night action.

As of right now, the executioner isn't invulnerable. It is an option I'm considering though.

Roflcopter
October 24th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Possibly give exec one auto-use vest, so mafia can find out who he is without killing?

Fatalis
October 24th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Besides from the obvious no town PR that can cause balance issues, I have once put executioner instantly ending the game, trust me it didn't went very well T.T

Glip
October 24th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Besides from the obvious no town PR that can cause balance issues, I have once put executioner instantly ending the game, trust me it didn't went very well T.T

In this setup, this town is pretty much screwed if they lynch one of their own anyway. The executioner ending the game forces the mafia to be careful who they try to mislynch as well.

Roflcopter
October 24th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Maybe instead of exec ending game, 50% of mafia and 50% of town die or something.

Chane
October 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
+8999

aslong as I am not citizen :P

BorkBot
November 15th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Approved

Don't make the executioner invulnerable/vested. The exec's death is one of the few possibilities that allows the town to make a second mislynch without facing unavoidable doom.

day 1 mislynch cit, night 2 cit killed
2v1v4
day 2 mislynch cit, night 2 exec killed
2v3

And they will have to lynch every day to win.

Chane
November 16th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I am gonna veteran wifom my arse off.