PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Philosophy subforum?

Spy
October 10th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Okay I guess it's been a while...

But I am back!

Should we revive it?

FYRE
October 10th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Lets do it.
Firosofii Hwaitiing

Ubernox
October 10th, 2012, 01:31 AM
You're just climbing back on to a sinking ship Plato.

Ubernox
October 10th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Best to free yourself of this oppressive environment, before you become entangled in it.

Ash
October 10th, 2012, 11:57 AM
i dont think it'll happen because brunop and his try-hard friends would spam it with crappy raps directed to damus

Ash
October 10th, 2012, 01:15 PM
If that's the case, then ban them.
dont think it's that easy

Lysergic
October 10th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I support bringing back the Philosophy subforum.

Then ignore them with your heart.

I tried this and do not recommend it. There were a lot of those raps, and forcing my heart to stop every time I saw one was far more dangerous than simply ignoring them with my mind.

EagleMan
October 10th, 2012, 03:09 PM
i dont think it'll happen because brunop and his try-hard friends would spam it with crappy raps directed to damus
What if they discuss the philosophy of circlejerk? How a community must be inclusive? How one must do their best to avoid the paradox of tolerance, managing the intolerant without becoming intolerant yourself?

Rocshi
October 10th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I suggested this to Oops 4 days ago.

Raptor was like BUT PLATO DIEEDD

YES MAKE IT COME BACK NAO

BorkBot
October 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I support.

What if they discuss the philosophy of circlejerk? How a community must be inclusive? How one must do their best to avoid the paradox of tolerance, managing the intolerant without becoming intolerant yourself?
Wouldn't be an uninteresting subject actually, as long as it's discussed in a mature way.

AppleyNO
October 10th, 2012, 03:43 PM
This would be a great subforum.

*bows*

Apocist
October 10th, 2012, 07:22 PM
We need some great writers then!

Raptorblaze
October 10th, 2012, 10:13 PM

Eagleman 4 mod of Philosophy.

AppleyNO
October 10th, 2012, 10:14 PM
They they can.

EagleMan
October 13th, 2012, 03:12 AM
If Socrates was alive and on the Internet today, he would have at one point in his Internet experience typed "lol", "wtf" and ";)". Imagine our historic philosophers transported to the modern times. One must consider that great men in the eyes of history are simply men who were great men who also lived at the right time. Millions of intelligent, creative men and women have perished into the void of history as they failed to simply exist at the right place and time. For every Plato, there are one million people who were like Plato that died unremembered and unknown. For every Achilles, there have been thousands of incredible warriors who led death-defying epic charges, or escaped impossible odds, who have had their glory fade away, like tears in the rain.

Whether you will be remembered is something you cannot control. All you can hope to do is reach your potential as best you can and hope you happen to be in the right time and place in history for your potential to be utilized, wielded, and to do something worthy of remembrance that pure chance delivered to your prepared abilities.

FYRE
October 13th, 2012, 05:09 AM
If Socrates was alive and on the Internet today, he would have at one point in his Internet experience typed "lol", "wtf" and ";)". Imagine our historic philosophers transported to the modern times. One must consider that great men in the eyes of history are simply men who were great men who also lived at the right time. Millions of intelligent, creative men and women have perished into the void of history as they failed to simply exist at the right place and time. For every Plato, there are one million people who were like Plato that died unremembered and unknown. For every Achilles, there have been thousands of incredible warriors who led death-defying epic charges, or escaped impossible odds, who have had their glory fade away, like tears in the rain.

Whether you will be remembered is something you cannot control. All you can hope to do is reach your potential as best you can and hope you happen to be in the right time and place in history for your potential to be utilized, wielded, and to do something worthy of remembrance that pure chance delivered to your prepared abilities.

LOL HE THINKS THERE HAVE BEEN MORE THAN ONE ACHILLES

I LOVE PONIES, LIKE SEXUALLY

Ash
October 13th, 2012, 04:32 PM
LOL HE THINKS THERE HAVE BEEN MORE THAN ONE ACHILLES

I LOVE PONIES, LIKE SEXUALLY
weird, he must have twins that time traveled or sumthin

EagleMan
October 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Consider Ash. He is not a Pokemon Master. But in the right place and right time, he could've been.

Ash
October 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Consider Ash. He is not a Pokemon Master. But in the right place and right time, he could've been.
wow thats an insult 2 me, ur saying im a pokemon loser?

do u know where i can use/buy a time machine?

Ubernox
October 15th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Last time I went to the Philosophy sub-forum I had the ending of Anna Karenina spoiled for me. Me Pillie.

Ubernox
October 15th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Hmmm, quite similar to the idea that the victors write the history books. Quite sad, really, when you think about it. However, can we be sure that one can go so unrewarded by history? List to me three unknown heroes and intellects, I dare you.

EagleMan
October 16th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Hmmm, quite similar to the idea that the victors write the history books. Quite sad, really, when you think about it. However, can we be sure that one can go so unrewarded by history? List to me three unknown heroes and intellects, I dare you.
???
TELL ME WHAT IS UNKNOWN

Lysergic
October 16th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Nothing could spoil Anna Karenina.

Sean Bean already did.

tiloup1441
December 31st, 2012, 01:28 PM
...why was this rejected

Jim
December 31st, 2012, 01:47 PM
...why was this rejected

Because they thought people would turn it into a Circle Jerk but now that it's back idk why not.