PDA

View Full Version : A Possible Circlejerk Solution

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
The bashing and trolling and flaming is something that a community goes through and will happen a lot no matter what people do, short of permanently banning people. Letting it go too far will generate more and more problems until it implodes on itself. A community does haze its members, but it shouldn't ever go as far as bringing peoples personal, private lives into the mix. When that happens it is no longer harmless hazing and it becomes hateful bullying. Making a limit at how far hazing should go and enforcing that would, in my opinion, solve most of the issues that came from circlejerk.

CmG
October 6th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Just go to 4chan?

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Just go to 4chan?

I knew someone would say something like this.
Also inb4 people say just stop getting so butthurt.

Ash
October 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I knew someone would say something like this.
Also inb4 people say just stop getting so butthurt.
as in ppl u mean: brunop, crayptonic, bunny, and frostybite

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:30 PM
or a select few could avoid being whiny children! just sayen

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
so damus what exactly is your serious idea?

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:34 PM
so damus what exactly is your serious idea?

Making a limit at how far hazing should go and enforcing

This is.

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Nah, I'll just use a different board to chat with people.
Censorship is gay.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM
This is.

but what is the limit, it will be different to everyone, calling one person a bitch or an asshole could be the limit to some and a lot more could be the limit to others. its not fair if the site just caters to your over sized amount of emotions

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM
but what is the limit, it will be different to everyone, calling one person a bitch or an asshole could be the limit to some and a lot more could be the limit to others. its not fair if the site just caters to your over sized amount of emotions

How about the limit is not bringing peoples private lifes into the site hmm?

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:38 PM

freedom of speech buddy

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM

You were the one who brought up your "real" life first... That was the problem.

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM
At least I'm actually making an effort into reaching a consensus.

@Cryptonic

People asked me, I answered.

You all do realize that if it was just me that complained, oops would just laugh at me.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:40 PM
At least I'm actually making an effort into reaching a consensus.

@Cryptonic

People asked me, I answered.

uhm no you're always just bringing it up

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
You made topics about yourself all the time..

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Didn't I already say that this was a serious thread?

And no, other people asked me and I trusted their human decency enough to tell them.

Also, I started ONE thread and it was because Bruno asked me to post something in circlejerk and that was all I could think of.

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Oh, sorry.
I didn't know by "serious" you meant "post only if you agree with me".
my bad, i'll get out.

Ash
freedom of speech buddy
what freedom of speech? this ain't 'murica.
admins can enforce whatever rules that want

Bunny
you just need to chin up, its the internet, not a therapy session. get some thicker skin. if youre going to put personal info on the internet you have no right to stop people from copying and pasting facebook's links. theyre not your links

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I don't mind if you disagree, but none of you are doing anything but bashing me.

-.-

this is ridiculous.

Cryptonic
I don't mind if you disagree, but none of you are doing anything but bashing me.

What was bashing? I'm just giving you my opinion and you're getting defensive.

Bunny
what freedom of speech? this ain't 'murica.
admins can enforce whatever rules that want

exactly so if they want it gone they choose, if they want it back they choose, not damus.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM

-.-

this is ridiculous.

we're duscussing how we disagree, not bashing. we're trying to make you elaborate on your ideas

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM
we're duscussing how we disagree, not bashing. we're trying to make you elaborate on your ideas

No your not.
If you were you would have just simply asked me to.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:45 PM
No your not.
If you were you would have just simply asked me to.

i did you just re quoted your self.. nothing new

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM
i did you just re quoted your self.. nothing new

So your response is to tell me to grin and bear it? Great discussion.

If no one openly tries to publicize someones life no one should have any real problems.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:48 PM
So your response is to tell me to grin and bear it? Great discussion.

If no one openly tries to publicize someones life no one should have any real problems.

then dont make a facebook or other things on the internet if its such a problem to you. it happened to my and crypt and not that big of a deal. the site isnt just about you. you should ahve made specific limits that are about what everyone cares about.

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
then dont make a facebook or other things on the internet if its such a problem to you. it happened to my and crypt and not that big of a deal. the site isnt just about you. you should ahve made specific limits that are about what everyone cares about.

And everybody shouldn't feel the need to butt in to other peoples life when unwanted.
This site shouldn't be the place for you to bash other people with the posting of their facebook page, or pictures, etc.
Human. Decency.

Just for clarification; If it was just me Oops wouldn't have archived Circlejerk. I'm just the most vocal about it.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
well then why dont you make a site and run it exactly how you see fit, thats the only way to try and get exactly what you want

Ash
October 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
last thing i remember is that this website was called sc2mafia.

shit wrong website apparently

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:52 PM
so why make a thread about justin bieber?

Ash
October 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
so why make a thread about justin bieber?
he rules everything, even sc2maf

CmG
Just don't post personal stuff here and no one can abuse it? Is it that hard? Wrong board buddy and the wrong kind of people as well. Don't get me wrong i don't try to hurt you by any means, but sc2mafia circlejerk is the wrong forum to find new friends. Try to find a better place for personal things.
Protip: Try rl for that kind of stuff.

Damus_Graves
You, Frostbyte, Bruno, and Cryptonic are the only people that are complaining about that.

So far it seems like everyone else has the opposite opinion. If you have a better idea than I do, please share it.

@CmG

I get what your saying, I just would like to avoid this happening to somebody else.

Bunny
he rules everything, even sc2maf

don't be a goof, this is supposedly a serious discussion :p

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:56 PM
You, Frostbyte, Bruno, and Cryptonic are the only people that are complaining about that.

So far it seems like everyone else has the opposite opinion. If you have a better idea than I do, please share it.

@CmG

I get what your saying, I just would like to avoid this happening to somebody else.

lol no one else has posted? i just find it silly how you think everything in the world should caterer specifically to you.

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 07:57 PM
lol no one else has posted? i just find it silly how you think everything in the world should caterer specifically to you.

Do you read what I'm posting at all?

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:58 PM

i do, do you read what i say? the limit will never end.

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 07:58 PM

Are you kidding me?
Look at your poll.
Majority voted to keep CJ.. not just us 4.

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM
ok, well, it's 8-8 now, but it was 8-7 to keep it yesterday.
And Bunny didn't even vote.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM

also, if everyone was nice and catered to everyones emotions and needs there would be no need for a circlejerk, just general discussion. which there already is so whats the point.

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Are you kidding me?
Look at your poll.
Majority voted to keep CJ.. not just us 4.

Not about removing circlejerk.
About what was the catalyst that lead to the removal of circlejerk.

@Bunny

Yes, and what im saying is that people here shouldnt take the hazing as far as they did. Not just with me, but with other people.

So your saying that people should always be dicks to others? Fantastic viewpoint.

You don't have to censor yourself, just be aware enough to realize what would actually piss someone off.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Not about removing circlejerk.
About what was the catalyst that lead to the removal of circlejerk.

@Bunny

Yes, and what im saying is that people here shouldnt take the hazing as far as they did. Not just with me, but with other people.

then basically there should be no name calling, no use of racial and sexist slurs, no insults no free speech and all of this is supposed to be moslty unmoderated. which will just never happen, but if we do what you want we have to do all this and this equals general discussion. so why do you even want circle jerk?

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
It wasn't hazing.
We just found evidence against all your unbelievable stories, so we brought it up.
Then you freaked out because someone had an opinion about someone's looks.
I'm sorry to say, but it was the popular opinion, too.

AppleyNO
October 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I HAVE AN IDEA!

No personal Attacks.

Problem Solved next topic.

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
So your saying that people should always be dicks to others? Fantastic viewpoint.

Dude, the only reason we brought that shit up is because for the week before that you were being an asshole.
You had been acting really pompous, and we got tired of it.

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
then basically there should be no name calling, no use of racial and sexist slurs, no insults no free speech and all of this is supposed to be moslty unmoderated. which will just never happen, but if we do what you want we have to do all this and this equals general discussion. so why do you even want circle jerk?

I'm trying to reach a compromise. What are you doing.

It wasn't hazing.
We just found evidence against all your unbelievable stories, so we brought it up.
Then you freaked out because someone had an opinion about someone's looks.
I'm sorry to say, but it was the popular opinion, too.

Three, four, people shared the opinion and it dragged onto multiple thread.
Yes it was bullying, and none of you found "evidence" of anything at all.
You found an internet profile that I created, which was displayed to the world.

Dude, the only reason we brought that shit up is because for the week before that you were being an asshole.
You were been acting really pompous, and we got tired of it.

Either provide proof or don't talk.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I'm trying to reach a compromise. What are you doing.

Three, four, people shared the opinion and it dragged onto multiple thread.
Yes it was bullying, and none of you found "evidence" of anything at all.
You found an internet profile that I create, which was displayed to the world.

if you deserve to get what you want i deserve to get what i want

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I HAVE AN IDEA!

No personal Attacks.

Problem Solved next topic.

define your idea of personal attack

AppleyNO
October 6th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I also think that the Mods position on posting other peoples personal data is REALLY clear, unlike 90% of what they do.

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 08:07 PM
You found an internet profile that I create, which was displayed to the world.

LOL yes, a profile THAT IS DISPLAYED TO THE WORLD!
But, if we bring it up, you will cry.

Don't make your shit public then, lesson learned.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I also think that the Mods position on posting other peoples personal data is REALLY clear, unlike 90% of what they do.

a facebook IS NOT personal data

AppleyNO
define your idea of personal attack
MC Explicit?

No but in all seriousness, don't make threads and posts bashing each other.

Damus_Graves
-.-

this thread derailed and went into a bashing session.

please lock.

AppleyNO
October 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM
a facebook IS NOT personal data
They have removed links of FB before, so the argument still stands.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:10 PM
MC Explicit?

No but in all seriousness, don't make threads and posts bashing each other.

but i think a personal attack is just calling someeone a name. but everyone does that all the time, should that all stop to?

and no facebook owns all its data, therefore its facebook's personal data not damus'.

Ash
There was rules for Circlejerk. But 20% of the Circlejerkers didn't follow them.

Damus_Graves
No, broheim.
You honestly feel OK telling me to go QQ even though you got circlejerk deleted because of a personal vendetta?
AND YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO QUESTION ANYONE ELSE'S MORALS?
LMMFAO
YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF. I'm not even kidding right now, I'm not trolling. If you were bleeding to death in a bathtub, it would be better for the world overall. People like you are nothing but a problem to society. You're going to expect society to wait on you had and foot for the rest of your life.
You should just grab a shotgun and off yourself to end it all. No wonder people beat the shit out of you your whole life. No wonder nobody IRL fucking likes you.
No wonder you worship your dog looking GF... she's the only person who will put up with your petty fucking retardation.
I'm not kidding or trolling in any way whatsoever - this may be one of the most sincere things I've said on this website.
Please, Damus, for the good of mankind, kill yourself. You are a blight to all people who are actually good people. Your self-righteous indignation is the sign of the fucking small child you will always be. Have fun having your face kicked in for the rest of your life for being a pussy and have fun eventually actually killing yourself when your dogface girlfriend leaves you.

This is the end result of what Bruno did.
You think that is cool or funny or right?
Your fucking wrong and it sickens me to have even read it.

Ash
October 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
This is the end result of what Bruno did.
You think that is cool or funny or right?
Your fucking wrong and it sickens me to have even read it.
Lol.
Cyber-bullies are real pussies.
'nuff said

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:14 PM
There was rules for Circlejerk. But 20% of the Circlejerkers didn't follow them.

You certainly didn't

AppleyNO
October 6th, 2012, 08:15 PM
but i think a personal attack is just calling someeone a name. but everyone does that all the time, should that all stop to?

and no facebook owns all its data, therefore its facebook's personal data not damus'.
Again, Mods have taken down FB links before.

As long as it is in good fun, there should be no limit, but people can't behave themselves.(Look at Frost's post, or a page of MC explicit Threads, or any thread with you and Damus) So, while people should be able to call each other names, who knows, we might not even be able to do that.

Ash
October 6th, 2012, 08:16 PM

Well yes...
The website belongs to FB, but all images that are posted in FB still belongs to the owner of the images. (Ashley's images belong to Ashley, and etc)

I remember that Bruno made the thread with the FB link, and then it was deleted. Then he made it AGAIN and it was deleted AGAIN. Then he made it a third time but took away the link.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Well yes...
The website belongs to FB, but all images that are posted in FB still belongs to the owner of the images. (Ashley's images belong to Ashley, and etc)

I remember that Bruno made the thread with the FB link, and then it was deleted. Then he made it AGAIN and it was deleted AGAIN. Then he made it a third time but took away the link.

No they belong to Facebook.

Ash
October 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM
No they belong to Facebook.
I beg to differ.
http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

AppleyNO
October 6th, 2012, 08:21 PM
This is not the point. But whatever...

oops I see you lurking.... what are your thoughts?

AppleyNO
October 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I actually just read your solution.

That sounds like a very good idea.

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Did you even read the terms?

4. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I beg to differ.
http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

Your point?

AppleyNO
October 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM

4. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
Why are we discussing Facebook lolz??

The Moderators of Sc2 mafia have proven that they don't want people posting other people's Facebook accounts on the forum.

Ash
October 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to this:

You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook
Because Bunny said that all pictures are owned by FB.

oops_ur_dead
October 6th, 2012, 08:27 PM
This is not the point. But whatever...

oops I see you lurking.... what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are Bunny has no idea how privacy works.

I think if I ever have a daughter I will name her Bronwyn, but if I have a son, then it'll be Jeffrey.

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM

I think if I ever have a daughter I will name her Bronwyn, but if I have a son, then it'll be Jeffrey.

Do you promise?

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM

SCARY STUFFF

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 08:29 PM
If I have a son, I'm going to name him Dampe Corey Capps Damus Brandan Graves the second

Bunny
I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to this:

Because Bunny said that all pictures are owned by FB.

But the public and Facebook have use to it so basically no yu don't because yu can't choose who uses it

oops_ur_dead
Do you promise?

For sure. Ill even post pictures of the birth certificate to confirm.

Damus_Graves
October 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM
If I have a son, I'm going to name him Dampe Corey Capps Damus Brandan Graves the second

Oh you.

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM

Brandan deleted his fb remember!

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:31 PM
For sure. Ill even post pictures of the birth certificate to confirm.

That's so special of you to do, I feel honored.

Damus_Graves
Brandan deleted his fb remember!

:huh:

Ash
But the public and Facebook have use to it so basically no yu don't because yu can't choose who uses it
yes ik, im just saying that the owners still owns it. i thought u were trying 2 prove me wrong

Bunny
October 6th, 2012, 08:33 PM
yes ik, im just saying that the owners still owns it. i thought u were trying 2 prove me wrong

But then I save it and own it forever

Cryptonic
October 6th, 2012, 08:34 PM
If you give up all rights to the information, you don't own it..

Blazer
October 6th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I'm building an Ark. Come with me if you want to live!
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9787541.jpg

creedkingsx
October 7th, 2012, 02:52 AM
I thought oops made a /b/ awhile ago.

Ash
October 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
You wanna know another possible CJ solution?
Damus fucking quitting the forums. The only reason Cj turned into fuck was because of him. Without him CJ is a sustainable idea.

Just sayin.
how does that prevent future problems similar to damus situation?

Lazers
October 7th, 2012, 09:14 AM
How to solve circlejerk problem: stop being attention-whoring dipshits

simple

Damus_Graves
October 7th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I say, flame on Dammus!

The whole circle jerk problem was his fault because he Lied.

LYNCH HIM!!!!!!!!!

I am officially requesting a mod close this topic. A solution has been reached and this thread is unneeded.

suicidaln00b
October 7th, 2012, 10:10 AM
if anything circlejerk was a good containment board for all of the dipshits to congregate
have fun with having to deal with bruno and the like members spreading like cancer

and the only solution for that is banning like there's no tomorrow a la the trollzor era
and the only thing that promotes is having a shitty totalitarian hugbox of a forum with mods who are hypersensitive to anything that remotely resembles criticism (which is already happening anyway)

also source of alleged "invasive trolling"
my opinion will solely depend on the extent to how far these people went PLUS I NEED FUCKING CONTEXT; i can't tell if you're either a pussy-whipped nerdmaster or if i'll actually agree with you on this """""""""""issue""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
most likely the former though from what i can tell

niggo cant handle the heat

Raptorblaze
October 7th, 2012, 11:50 AM
if anything circlejerk was a good containment board for all of the dipshits to congregate
have fun with having to deal with bruno and the like members spreading like cancer

and the only solution for that is banning like there's no tomorrow a la the trollzor era
and the only thing that promotes is having a shitty totalitarian hugbox of a forum with mods who are hypersensitive to anything that remotely resembles criticism (which is already happening anyway)

also source of alleged "invasive trolling"
my opinion will solely depend on the extent to how far these people went PLUS I NEED FUCKING CONTEXT; i can't tell if you're either a pussy-whipped nerdmaster or if i'll actually agree with you on this """""""""""issue""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
most likely the former though from what i can tell

niggo cant handle the heat

I was fine until they started linking to people's irl Facebook pages, then I started cracking down. This is the internet not the fucking truth police.

TimeTrx
October 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Raptor just close the thread before it becomes a flame war.

Raptorblaze
October 7th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Raptor just close the thread before it becomes a flame war.

I was busy infracting everyone for it and deleting shit.
/thread