PDA

View Full Version : Are these recent changes intentional?

Fred323
April 29th, 2011, 01:22 PM
The latest version on europe

1) The host of the game is no longer host once the game starts.

2) You are now the same colour you are at the start of the game instead of a random colour

Zilas
April 29th, 2011, 01:53 PM
1 : i noticed it hasn't been since long time i mean even after all recent updates i remember i was host and so were others but they never got ingame host:P

2: i'm not sure but idont think so else you can reconigize people and there isn't a point for changing name rlly :d

Dark.Revenant
April 29th, 2011, 03:08 PM
1 and 2 were never changes and are not true.

1. Player 1 is the host of the game. There is no way to detect the lobby host, but player 1 is the first host of the game. If you change hosts to someone else, it won't affect the game's host choice. You can repick yourself with -repick.

2. There is always a small chance to have the same color you started with, along with any of the other colors.

Fred323
April 29th, 2011, 03:25 PM
As for colour I have been the same colour at start and after start at least 8 games in a row and so it doesnt appear to be random chance as I have been keeping tabs on other players too and they are keeping their colour. I guess something broke it.

As for host I have seen many people today going "wtf!? you changed host before it started?" and I was not host for some games it showed me as host in the lobby for earlier, even thought I hosted using the create game button. but I just tested it now by hosting 3 games in a row and it left me host so im not sure what happened there..

In the lobby it kicks you around randomly as people join, you start in slot number 1 then get footballed around, but i stayed as host past 3 times i hosted and the slot it kicked me into didnt matter... People are staying as host now in random games I join too.

Dark.Revenant
April 29th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I have a very simple GUI algorithm that assigns random colors.

General - For each integer a from 1 to 14 with increment 1, do (Actions)
Actions
General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
If
(a is in Alive Players) == true
Then
Variable - Set b = false
General - While (Conditions) are true, do (Actions)
Conditions
b == false
Actions
Variable - Set x[a] = (Random integer between 1 and (Number of players in Alive Players))
General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
If
c[x[a]] == false
Then
Variable - Set c[x[a]] = true
Variable - Set b = true
Player - Set player a color to (Default player x[a] color) (Change the color of existing units)
Else
Else

As you can see, it assigns random colors to people. The pool of colors to choose from depends on the amount of players in the game (3 players and the colors will be red, blue, teal).

How many players are you playing with?