PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of circlejerk

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 04:30 PM
General Discussion is general enough that circlejerk just is unneeded imo. Circlejerk has degraded into a flame fest and people use it to insult others and skirt by the rules. I suggest getting rid of it.

Blazer
October 4th, 2012, 04:37 PM
General Discussion is general enough that circlejerk just is unneeded imo. Circlejerk has degraded into a flame fest and people use it to insult others and skirt by the rules. I suggest getting rid of it.

CJ isn't the problem. The problem is that it has degraded into personal attacks and such while being mostly unmoderated.
Duely noted that personal attacks were explicitly forbidden.

BorkBot
October 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Circlejerk is definitely degrading the overall quality of the forums.

I can see why it was added.. which is to give the Gurubashi Empire a playground to call their own so that the rest of the boards doesn't get polluted, and thus reducing the need for moderation. Controlled chaos. However, I think that's as silly as legalising "soft drugs" to keep it off the black market and to avoid related crime as a result. Or reduced jail sentences and short rehabilitation projects for convicts for the sake of lowered government expenses.

Pragmatism sucks, so I voted yes (though I wouldn't respect the admins any less for not listening to this poll at all, it's just my personal take on it).

Ash
October 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Circlejerk is definitely degrading the overall quality of the forums.

I can see why it was added.. which is to give the Gurubashi Empire a playground to call their own so that the rest of the boards doesn't get polluted, and thus reducing the need for moderation. Controlled chaos. However, I think that's as silly as legalising "soft drugs" to keep it off the black market and to avoid related crime as a result. Or reduced jail sentences and short rehabilitation projects for convicts for the sake of lowered government expenses.

Pragmatism sucks, so I voted yes (though I wouldn't respect the admins any less for not listening to this poll at all, it's just my personal take on it).
Yes but circlejerk adds much more to the community IMO, if only it wasn't for all the flaming.

Damus, you only see it this way because of Bunny and Bruno. Could be better.

Bunny
October 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
i would be nicer to damus if he promised to be less annoying.

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 05:36 PM
i would be nicer to damus if he promised to be less annoying.

Off topic and subjective.

@Ash
What does circlejerk provide that general discussion cannot?

Bunny
October 4th, 2012, 05:37 PM
i'm serious!

Glip
October 4th, 2012, 05:39 PM
@Damus:

What does Circlejerk provide that General Discussion WILL not, if Circlejerk were to be removed?

I believe deleting Circlejerk would do nothing but cause what currently goes on in Circlejerk to instead take place in General Discussion, albeit maybe with harsher moderation. I'll guarantee you the mods won't be too excited about making more work for themselves.

MoDTassadar
October 4th, 2012, 05:41 PM
What Circlejerk needs: a mod, a mod that will sit back and do nothing, but if there are any personal attacks, will jump in.

A lazy mod, of you will...

BorkBot
October 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Yes but circlejerk adds much more to the community IMO, if only it wasn't for all the flaming.

Damus, you only see it this way because of Bunny and Bruno. Could be better.

Most boards use an off-topic section for off-topic discussion and random fun stuff. On these boards, the general discussion board IS the off-topic board. So all the good stuff that's posted in circlejerk could simply go to the GD board without problems. The circlejerk boards attract trolls and flamers because they know they can get away with it. The only reason circlejerk exists is to keep the spammers and trolls confined to their own area.

Glip
October 4th, 2012, 05:46 PM
What Circlejerk needs: a mod, a mod that will sit back and do nothing, but if there are any personal attacks, will jump in.

A lazy mod, of you will...

A mod that would also have to be impartial and moderate all equally.

And Circlejerk already has a mod. His name is creedkingsx... and Capitalier... and philie...

EagleMan
October 4th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Modding circlejerk seems to be entirely against the point of the forum. If the subforum leaks out, then infract the leaks.

Cryptonic
October 5th, 2012, 06:45 AM
What a baby

Bunny
October 5th, 2012, 06:55 AM
What a baby

i second this!

Fatalis
October 5th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Circlejerk is circlejerk, it's a place for trolling, spamming, useless posts, however no part of this forum should be used to offensive attacks towards other members
You should know better Damus, unless you are trying to purposely get rid of cj you should have realised that the thread you made about frostbyte and other hate threads you make are also part of the reason why cj was removed.

Raptorblaze
October 5th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Closed because well...it's been removed.