PDA

View Full Version : CJ lKing, community chosen

Chane
October 4th, 2012, 09:00 AM
it would be fun to have a lil populairty contest in CJ every month I think. first have a thread in which you can elect somebody (not yourself) and then a big voting thread

the winner gets this badge:

http://i.imgur.com/WS0Xq.png

for a month, until a new King is elected

its just for fun but it promotes good behavior to be elected. and a badge for the person who the community things deserves it

may the voting COMMENCE!

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Bruno would win every month hands down.

Chane
October 4th, 2012, 09:01 AM

a month downtime is in place ;)

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 09:02 AM
It's an interesting idea to be sure. There isn't much wrong with the idea that I can see.

FrostByte
October 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
This.

Dmpk
October 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Only because your level and amount of trolls went from 15+ to 1-3 at any given time.

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Only because your level and amount of trolls went from 15+ to 1-3 at any given time.

Bruno is troll king atm mate. This badge is just a presentation of it if it gets implemented.

Dmpk
October 4th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Bruno is troll king atm mate. This badge is just a presentation of it if it gets implemented.

I don't agree with that. You've had quite frankly many more trolls, and many better trolls than him in the past. It's all perception though, so your entitled to your opinion... This forum would have to see some more life again before I'd consider making an award for anything =/ Trollzor woulda given him a run thats for sure.

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I don't agree with that. You've had quite frankly many more trolls, and many better trolls than him in the past. It's all perception though, so your entitled to your opinion... This forum would have to see some more life again before I'd consider making an award for anything =/ Trollzor woulda given him a run thats for sure.

You do realize that every one of those people your talking about are gone and hence are out of the equation?

Dmpk
October 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM
You do realize that every one of those people your talking about are gone and hence are out of the equation?

Yes but just because someone is the most active does not make them the best troll :), nor does it mean that because he relays alot of focus towards trolling you specifically... that he is the best troll either. I guess if you put it in terms of how many people actually post in Cj, then sure bruno wins. But why even have a competition between the 5-10 random users who all do the same exact thing in Cj?

It's like a trial process. They take xxx amount of people and give them all different sorts of tests, some fake some real... to come to a conclusion. You can't really do that with 5 people, it's not a broad enough spectrum to base anything off of =/. My 2 cents, I know you don't care, but there it is =P.

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Yes but just because someone is the most active does not make them the best troll :), nor does it mean that because he relays alot of focus towards trolling you specifically... that he is the best troll either. I guess if you put it in terms of how many people actually post in Cj, then sure bruno wins. But why even have a competition between the 5-10 random users who all do the same exact thing in Cj?

It's like a trial process. They take xxx amount of people and give them all different sorts of tests, some fake some real... to come to a conclusion. You can't really do that with 5 people, it's not a broad enough spectrum to base anything off of =/. My 2 cents, I know you don't care, but there it is =P.

Bruno would only win simply because who else is gonna run against him? I do get what your saying though

creedkingsx
October 4th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I beg to differ.
I am the king. I own this place, all ya niggas are just allowed to live here.

Dmpk
October 4th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I beg to differ.

Considering your title, your position, and the lack of disrespect you show towards others... I highly disagree =P. But sure.

creedkingsx
October 4th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I show respect for people that deserve it. Most people deserve. :P
Some people are just annoying though. :D
I respect Bruno and Frostbyte. :o

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I beg to differ.

You funny person you. We all know you are not a troll

creedkingsx
October 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM
You funny person you. We all know you are not a troll

I know I'm not. :P

Dmpk
October 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I show respect for people that deserve it. Most people deserve. :P
Some people are just annoying though. :D
I respect Bruno and Frostbyte. :o

mm hmmm. Likely story Emily Finklestein!

Raptorblaze
October 4th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I'd like to remind you all that I am your true king and savior. So stay on topic or I reap this thread.

creedkingsx
October 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM
why is this in Site Disc. :|
Chane is trolling Site Disc. :D

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 11:49 AM

I think this is a legit discussion that he was trying to instill.
Honestly I'm for it as long as there are criteria for the matter involved

creedkingsx
October 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM
There is no reasoning for the matter. :P

Chane
October 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM

I am not :3

look at the new troll based FM, I am administration. this is legit

Chane
October 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM
creed vs bruno would be a fun election. I would vote Damus or Blazer honestly

Cryptonic
October 4th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I'd like to remind you all that I am your true king and savior. So stay on topic or I reap this thread.

But a hero doesn't use a power like the ACP to ban his king and usurp his forum.
You started this war and plunged sc2mafia into chaos.

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Back at the OP:
Let's talk about what would make someone king of CJ.

Any ideas?

Dmpk
October 4th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Size of e-peen, grotesque IRL figure, down rep... idk

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I don't agree with any of that.
This should be strictly based upon electronic matters and not IRL things
Down repping people shouldnt be used to determine who is a good troll or not.

Ash
October 4th, 2012, 12:03 PM
*le me reading le OP*
le thought of le me: oh interesting idea very good. if it's used for good behavior only then it obviously wont be bruno cuz he doesnt have good behavior.

*le me le reading some moar posts*
*le me reading damus' crappy post*
"hurr durr bruno is troll king"

le thought of le me once again: do ppl know wat a troll is? sad...

creedkingsx
October 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Ash: I am the king.

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I think it should be based upon thread popularity.

Ash
October 4th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Ash: I am the king.
i never said that, nor am i a troll.
im just saying that bruno isn't a troll.

Ash
October 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I think it should be based upon thread popularity.
that encourages thread spam

creedkingsx

Well-played.

Damus_Graves
And circlejerk is never spammed at all.

Ash
October 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM
And circlejerk is never spammed at all.
No, but you will see an increase of thread created per every user. That would be pretty annoying, and it wouldn't be fun

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 12:11 PM
No, but you will see an increase of thread created per every user. That would be pretty annoying, and it wouldn't be fun

Fair point.

Do you have a suggestion?

Ash
October 4th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Fair point.

Do you have a suggestion?
not really, I don't think Chane wants it to be based on anything, though. Probably just based on popularity to see who is 'loved' more every month.

If anything, I guess it should be based on quality of circlejerk posts.

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 12:17 PM
not really, I don't think Chane wants it to be based on anything, though. Probably just based on popularity to see who is 'loved' more every month.

If anything, I guess it should be based on quality of circlejerk posts.

But that encourages post spamming

Admiral
October 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
mfw people have the most backwards definition of trolling ever.

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM
mfw people have the most backwards definition of trolling ever.

Instead of saying that you could enlighten the ignorant of what it is.

Ash
October 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM
But that encourages post spamming
No, that's why I said quality.
Maybe if you write a series of funny stories all in one thread, and people enjoyed reading it, you can become popular among the forums.

I don't know, but post spamming is better than thread spamming. 'nuff said

good job, admiral. u r real troll

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 12:24 PM
No, that's why I said quality.
Maybe if you write a series of funny stories all in one thread, and people enjoyed reading it, you can become popular among the forums.

I don't know, but post spamming is better than thread spamming. 'nuff said

good job, admiral. u r real troll

@the hidden text.
It amazes me how often people say such things and proceed to ignore everything else.

@the rest
Quality is subjective to each person.

Admiral
October 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Instead of saying that you could enlighten the ignorant of what it is.

I could but I wont.

Damus_Graves
October 4th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I could but I wont.

That's because you can't. It's a subjective term

Admiral
October 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
That's because you can't. It's a subjective term

Oh, I could. It would be incredibly simple too.

Dmpk
October 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Oh, I could. It would be incredibly simple too.

nothing having to do with this site is simple o_O. Plus I don't find you entertaining at all, at least so far. If your a troll you only troll for yourself. My definition is someone who entertains the majority of the community while upsetting a few.

Ash
October 4th, 2012, 12:43 PM
nothing having to do with this site is simple o_O. Plus I don't find you entertaining at all, at least so far. If your a troll you only troll for yourself. My definition is someone who entertains the majority of the community while upsetting a few.
Trolling has nothing to do with entertaining for the majority of the community.
Real trolling is entertaining yourself and probably a small group of other trollers that upset a person(s).
A real troll doesn't care for what the others think. They want to laugh for the good of themselves. A troll wants to prove that they are an internet tough boy.

Examples of successful known trolls in this community: Trollzor, probably Kevinpowers, Necroplant before he went soft, Admiral before he stopped trolling, Arch before he got bored and lost his taste. You (Dmpk) are probably a troll for lying about your work, where you live, etc.

Someone who acts like a wanna-be troll to make the community laugh, is a fool/jester.

Dmpk
October 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Trolling has nothing to do with entertaining for the majority of the community.
Real trolling is entertaining yourself and probably a small group of other trollers that upset a person(s).
A real troll doesn't care for what the others think. They want to laugh for the good of themselves. A troll wants to prove that they are an internet tough boy.

Examples of successful known trolls in this community: Trollzor, probably Kevinpowers, Necroplant before he went soft, Admiral before he stopped trolling, Arch before he got bored and lost his taste. You (Dmpk) are probably a troll for lying about your work, where you live, etc.

Someone who acts like a wanna-be troll to make the community laugh, is a fool/jester.

We can agree to disagree. My personal definition of a troll (it is opinion based) is simply someone entertaining to many, while insulting and upsetting one person to the point of internet meltdown.

I'll give you the whole "laugh for yourself" bullshit, cause it's probably true. Makes sense.

As for me, unless you can disprove what I have said about myself, I would appreciate less input about it. I have stopped talking about it since everyone has made it apparent they don't want to know :).

As for trolling, my trolling techniques just involve alot of "brah" etc. It's the easiest troll method, and the stupidest to be quite honest. I don't consider myself in league with a trolling attitude or trolling ability :), just someone who strings together alot of opinions, and fact checks.

tiloup1441
October 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
KevinPowers is my hero

Dmpk
October 4th, 2012, 01:14 PM
KevinPowers is my hero

Wayne Brady is my hero.