PDA

View Full Version : Possible Lookout/Vet bug or discretion?

Dimwit
July 31st, 2011, 10:36 PM
I was the lookout. Another player was claiming vet, so I visited him to prove to town he was Vet (I was killing myself). However, when I visited the target, it said "Moon visited your target tonight." Moon was my target.

In retrospect, he was in fact vet and didn't go on alert that night and there was no bus driver in play. So why would it say that he visited himself instead of the usual "no one visited your target."

The current text is misleading and had me going on about a Bus Driver switching Moon with someone else who moon would have had to visit who I saw in his place.

i.e.
bus Driver switches Moon with (X)
I decide to visit moon, instead I visit (X)
Moon visited (X)
I saw Moon visit my "Target" who is now (X)

Not sure if it is the intended text, but it leads to a world of confusion. There's not really any other way to explain it.

WaWMoose
July 31st, 2011, 11:00 PM
The only thing I can think of for this is maybe there was a Witch? other than that im completely confused O.O

Dimwit
July 31st, 2011, 11:01 PM
No witch.

Sirrush
August 1st, 2011, 06:45 AM
I have no idea what is going on there. But a tip for you is that if the BD had actually switched him with a target he visited, you would not have seen it. Because he would have ended up targeting himself. That is how BD makes Mafioso kill themselves after all.

AscendedOne
August 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
Lookout doesn't die to vet. Veteran does visit himself when he goes on alert. This is not a bug.

Dark.Revenant
August 1st, 2011, 01:20 PM
You were targeting Moon and he targeted himself by going on alert, as AscendedOne pointed out.

Tipzntrix
August 3rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
You were targeting Moon and he targeted himself by going on alert, as AscendedOne pointed out.

whoa, lookout doesn't die to vet?

Sirrush
August 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM

whoa, lookout doesn't die to vet?

A Lookout will no longer see another Lookout visit the same person. It is likely they are not considered actually visiting the target but simply watching him from a distance.