PDA

View Full Version : I have a suggestion.

AppleyNO
September 24th, 2012, 12:51 AM
After what Frost posted(then was deleted), it got me to thinking. How to solve Mod Abuse. This seems like a VERY simple solution.

All of this can be edited and discussed. It is my personal opinion and anything can be changed.
1. Define what Mod Abuse is.
It is giving Infractions unjustly, unjustly changing poll options, unjustly editing threads/posts, unjustly moving threads, unjustly locking threads, unjustly deleting threads, and favoritism.

2. Define the rules of each section.
I'm glad we now have the names of each infraction and point value, however, I think we need a set of rules that we can look at and are explainable. We should leave it up to the Mods in each section, but I'll use Site Discussion(A place that has no rule post)as a example.

Site Discussion Rules

1. Do not insult other Members.
This should be simple, if you don't like what they said, explain logically and nicely, or PM them.

2. Post Site Discussion Material.
This should also be simple. Site Discussion has to do with the website. So the layout, Website policies, Forums/Sub Forums, Moderators, and badge/color/title issues.

3. Keep posts on topic.
Also a really simple rule. If your post has nothing to do with the OP(or the discussion that has led from the OP)then add something that does or don't post it.

4. No spamming(Ads or otherwise), Nudity, or autoplay
This doesn't belong in Site Discussion, and is not good for any discussion.

etc.
Remember, the rules for Site Discussion will be upheld, and by posting here you agree to these rules. These rules can change at ANY time, and if they do, they will affect all posts after the change.

Last Updated: September 24, 2:54AM GMT-5

It is really that hard for all sections do to this? This would cut down on people complaining that they got an infraction unjustly, as the mod can just say you got the infraction for breaking rule two, as the jester has nothing to do with the website.

3. Moderators have to moderate fairly.
Really, this just means don't Mod Abuse and don't break the rules yourselves. It is ANOTHER simple step.

4. Members have to realize that every mod action isn't abuse.
Sometimes, the members of this website get mad when they get an infraction. You guys need to realize that sometimes, you DID deserve an infraction and stop complaining about it.

I'm sure I missed something. Feel free to discuss this, talk, and maybe we can add or remove some things.

Thank you all for reading this massive wall of text. xD

Nick
September 24th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Just post the General Rules in News or something. Applied to the whole site. Unless specified by special rules in certain subforums.

Losers who rant about no rules in Site Discussion is just finding loopholes. Next we have tools posting spam in Answer Hall. Or News. No rules no wrong!

Damus_Graves
September 24th, 2012, 01:06 AM
@1. Simple, elegant description of what mod abuse is.

@2. While i personally feel that should be obvious, It is a fair suggestion.

@3. This should be happening already.

@4. As should this. Sometimes you do deserve the infraction.

AppleyNO
September 24th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Just post the General Rules in News or something. Applied to the whole site. Unless specified by special rules in certain subforums.

Losers who rant about no rules in Site Discussion is just finding loopholes. Next we have tools posting spam in Answer Hall. Or News. No rules no wrong!
I guess we could also do that... In fact, that would make more sense xD

It wasn't a rant about how there isn't rules in Site Discussion, I was just talking about how every section should have one, and I used site disc as an example.

RookRanger
September 24th, 2012, 01:35 AM
the rule for this site
just needs 1 rule
Pray what you preach

Raptorblaze
September 24th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Mod abuse as defined by anyone reasonable: A moderator using their powers specifically to harm another individual without cause.
Mod abuse as defined by Frostbyte: A moderator using his powers on him or people he likes.

That said a rule list for SD is probably incoming.

Moderator abuse isn't exactly a major issue, it rarely occurs and when it does you guys have been fairly good at pointing it out immediately though some people also have a tendency to point out legitimate actions as "abuse" because it negatively affects them specifically or they want to cause drama. I'd name examples but infractions should be between the staff themselves and the user who receives it.

Brendan
September 24th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Mod abuse as defined by anyone reasonable: A moderator using their powers specifically to harm another individual without cause.
Mod abuse as defined by Frostbyte: A moderator using his powers on him or people he likes.

That said a rule list for SD is probably incoming.

Moderator abuse isn't exactly a major issue, it rarely occurs and when it does you guys have been fairly good at pointing it out immediately though some people also have a tendency to point out legitimate actions as "abuse" because it negatively affects them specifically or they want to cause drama. I'd name examples but infractions should be between the staff themselves and the user who receives it.

Site discussion is my section. I'll make the rule list when I get home.