PDA

View Full Version : {Implemented} Lookout: Watching your back

McKinley
August 30th, 2012, 07:26 PM
A simple suggestion, that might seem too powerful, however I think it should be allowed for the Lookout to watch their own house, and see who tries to visit him/her at night. If a Lookout/Detective were to view 'em, I guess it would say they did nothing that night, or that they visited their own self. This would also prevent the Mass Murderer from possibly killing him/her if they were to visit their house, since the Lookout would obviously be outside of their own house for the night. (Still think SK/GF should be allowed to kill 'em, however.)

Yes, no, maybe so? Only seems rather reasonable and fair, from my point of view.

Damus_Graves
August 30th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I think that a lookout checking their own house is a little to OP for my taste.
Also..never mind they would be able to direct information to the town during the day.

However i disagree with the MM not being able to kill them when they check their own house.

Edit: That would nerf it enough for me to like

Nick
August 30th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Lookout visiting self is fair enough. Won't be gamebreaking. At least you can catch the pesky blackmailer.

Is still visiting self, so MM should still able to kill. As any other visitors.

creedkingsx
August 30th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Idk about MM being able to kill, from a current mechanics POV. If a lookout is watching someone that an MM targets, lookout doesn't die.

McKinley
August 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Idk about MM being able to kill, from a current mechanics POV. If a lookout is watching someone that an MM targets, lookout doesn't die.

Nor does he die if he watches Veteran. Which is why I said MM shouldn't be allowed to kill him. He probably hides in that pesky tree that isn't really there because he cloaks it.

... That'd be funny to see in the map, random trees that have a cloaked outline...

Slaol
August 30th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Reasonable, realistic, not game breaking. Make it a host option. +1

Nick
August 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM

From Wiki

Notes

Mass Murderers win with Survivors (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Survivor), Amnesiacs (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Amnesiac), Witches (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Witch), and other Mass Murderers.
Someone that visits the Mass Murderer's target's house may be saved by a Doctor (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Doctor).
Lookouts (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Lookout) and Detectives (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Detective) do not survive if they visit the Mass Murderer's target.

creedkingsx
August 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM
From Wiki

I feel like Wiki might be wrong, because I could have sworn DR said Lookouts were fine from MM.
Or I am wrong, dunno.

Elixir
August 30th, 2012, 10:14 PM
No, Lookouts die.

Thats intended.

As far as this option is concerned.. what would they catch exactly? Unless they get healed they'll die to any killing role so the best I can think of is like a Blackmailer or Framer or something

BorkBot
August 30th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Blackmailer, Arsonist (with feedback), Witch (with feedback), Bus Driver, Jester, Cultist (if protected) and they can immediately exclude all roles with feedback when someone visits him who doesn't give any feedback.

It'd be a very powerful feature. Not sure if balanced. At least when you watch someone else, you rely on their claims for feedback and there could be lies and WIFOM, which makes you unable to get 100% accurate role information on the people you see and you need to establish if your target is telling the truth or not. The fact that the detective and lookout can't get specific information on anyone but that they require cooperation to fulfill their role is what makes the roles interesting and challenging to play. More self sufficient sheriff style investigative actions would not encourage team play.

Gerik
September 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
Blackmailer, Arsonist (with feedback), Witch (with feedback), Bus Driver, Jester, Cultist (if protected) and they can immediately exclude all roles with feedback when someone visits him who doesn't give any feedback.

It wouldn't catch witch. Witch only visits the A target, and if lookout was the A target, he'd be forced to visit the B target, and thus he would not watch his own house and would not see the witch. Even if the witch made him self-target, he wouldn't know he was self-targeting so the witch's name would come up, but it wouldn't mean anything to him. Unless feedback was off and he didn't know he'd been witched. But then the witch would appear innocent since it visited him without him being blackmailed/attacked.

It'd be a very powerful feature. Not sure if balanced. At least when you watch someone else, you rely on their claims for feedback and there could be lies and WIFOM, which makes you unable to get 100% accurate role information on the people you see and you need to establish if your target is telling the truth or not. The fact that the detective and lookout can't get specific information on anyone but that they require cooperation to fulfill their role is what makes the roles interesting and challenging to play. More self sufficient sheriff style investigative actions would not encourage team play.

I don't know that it's OP. For one thing, it can't catch killing roles that way because it would die in the process. And if a doctor healed, the doctor would also show up as a visitor, so he may get the killer, but may lynch a doctor in the process. If he finds a blackmailer, he may not be able to share this information until he dies, via his last will.

In any case, let's go ahead and think about the fact that the veteran can, with all of its settings enabled, have infinite immunity and infinite invulnerability-ignoring kills. By comparison, the lookout being able to self-target isn't even close to OP.

McKinley
September 2nd, 2012, 01:51 AM
It's a feature that can end up proving to be useful, if only in situational stances and events. It has cons, and pros; which in my eyes, creates the cause, the effects, and the balanced scheme mafia always strives for in development.

Blazer
September 2nd, 2012, 02:42 PM
I think this should be implemented. If the the lookout wants to try and catch a blackmailer or something, why not? I mean he could just waste his night action, but that adds to the game.

Dark.Revenant
September 3rd, 2012, 12:21 AM
Being added.

Mugy
September 3rd, 2012, 01:59 AM
I think this is a bad idea, this could create a similar mayor style play.
"I'm lookout! All docs and towns visit me!"

Blazer
September 3rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
I think this is a bad idea, this could create a similar mayor style play.
"I'm lookout! All docs and towns visit me!"

*mass murderer comes knocking on his door*

cookies4you
September 3rd, 2012, 09:06 AM
*mass murderer comes knocking on his door*

And then suddenly, HE WAS A FUCKING VETERAN!

BANG BANG BANG BOOM BOOM BOOM

EVERYBODY DIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~

Meanwhile, the real Lookout is like Lolwut as he observes the Veteran at night.

Blazer
September 3rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
And then suddenly, HE WAS A FUCKING VETERAN!

BANG BANG BANG BOOM BOOM BOOM

EVERYBODY DIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~

Meanwhile, the real Lookout is like Lolwut as he observes the Veteran at night.

Yeah buddy. Font forget the witch witching the lookout to target himself.

creedkingsx
September 3rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
What exactly was implemented? Lookouts can self-target, or that they don't die if they visit same person as MM?
@Mugy either way, what makes Lookout more confirmable than it already is?

LeaD
September 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Ranked on EU
get asked to the stand day2: reveal lookout info; get info confirmed -> get shot by vigi next night
D:
i'd like to suggest to detectives being able to watch themselves for epic lulz and infinite trolling
or sheriffs checking themselves whether or not they might have been framed.
Seems legit / Checking if there is an undetectable witch OR whether or not the witch changed your target.

Mugy
September 3rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Ranked on EU
get asked to the stand day2: reveal lookout info; get info confirmed -> get shot by vigi next night
D:
i'd like to suggest to detectives being able to watch themselves for epic lulz and infinite trolling
or sheriffs checking themselves whether or not they might have been framed.
Seems legit / Checking if there is an undetectable witch OR whether or not the witch changed your target.

That doesn't make any realistic sense...

LeaD
September 4th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Your avatar and your sense of humor don't add up.