PDA

View Full Version : Vigilante and Jailor Bug/Suggestion

Rokit
July 26th, 2011, 02:55 PM
There's a bug with the Vigilante where if you click to kill someone, but cancel the action it still uses up a bullet. There's also a strange deal with the Jailor that I'm not sure if you know about. I was Jailed one night and not executed, however I got killed by the Mafia that same night. This doesn't make sense to me because if I'm jailed how is the Mafia going to kill me? I'm in a jail cell. I think that should be changed.

NorthStar
July 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM
They stole the key and returned it after you died. =) How about they climbed up a ladder and shot you through the barred window. LOLOL Imagine how somebody can get killed in jail by an outsider bro, IMAGINE IT! It's possible!

Graham
July 26th, 2011, 03:08 PM
It's just a small hick town... so mafia prolly just waltzed in and shot you with this gun while the jailor was sleeping on his chair with his feet up on the desk. GG

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/ppk_slienced_2/ppk_silenced_3.jpg

Dark.Revenant
July 26th, 2011, 04:21 PM
There is no bug. A witch probably controlled you to shoot someone. There is no way you lost a bullet unless you made a kill, and I checked the cancel button -- it works perfectly.

Rokit
July 26th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I don't think that was the case. It used up the bullet when I just clicked to kill someone. When I hit cancel it said I had 1 shot remaining. This was before the night was even over. Maybe try it again with 2 shot because that's how many I was given. As a computer programmer I know how strange some bugs can be. And I think you should have immunity to death when you're in a jail cell. The only person that should be able to kill you while you're sitting in jail is the Jailor. My two cents.

Dark.Revenant
July 26th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I respectfully disagree with your suggestion.

Also, your bug report is impossible. There is NO way for you to lose a bullet before the night timer is up. It's flatly impossible; I checked it eight times just now and confirmed the only possible place to lose a bullet and get the "shots remaining" message is just before making your kill.

Rokit
July 26th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Alright man, well I'm telling you did happen. I got the shots remaining message before the night was over. If I find out what caused it I will repost.

Dark.Revenant
July 26th, 2011, 08:31 PM
When you start off the night, it displays how many shots you have left. You probably got confused about that.

Anyways, it's literally impossible for it to have displayed the shots remaining as a result of pushing one of the action buttons, since the only places in the code where the display code appears are right before the kills and right when the night starts.

Graham
July 27th, 2011, 03:19 AM
As a computer programmer I know how strange some bugs can be.

Then you should know that posting proof or exact steps to help reproducing the bug would help. Proof as in a properly timed screenshot but preferably, a replay. :P

Then perhaps DR can see the bug or see how confusion happened then maybe he could improve on it. 8)

Edit: lol to the poster below me :P

Zack
July 27th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Lets simplify it by saying "replay or it didn't happen".

Elixir
July 27th, 2011, 04:26 AM
http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss88/SilentWolf8979/Humor/pics_or_it_didnt_happen_retro_poste.jpg

Rokit
July 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM
The exact steps were this: I tried killing someone the first night (couldn't find gun), 2nd night I chose to kill someone, but canceled. I was only given 2 bullets. I believe the shots remaining showed up after I hit cancel. Have no idea what the game settings were. If that doesn't work I don't know what else to try. If you want to say "pics or it didn't happen" fine with me.