PDA

View Full Version : Getting targeted in game because of being host. After colors randomized

thunderraiden
April 27th, 2011, 04:05 PM
So apparently, there is no way of experimenting with any game type other than default without being targeted in game. Everytime i make it so its mafia vs town, or 3 sk 2 mafia vs town, etc, I am immediately targeted in game. This guy in this game actually calls me out during first day time to rest of the players for being host and requesting everyone in game that i be killed which i promptly was. This is very detrimental to the game as there is no viability to customization if it is impossible to actually play anything non-standard without finding 13 other friends that play custom maps.

If i want to play standard sherif,invest,doc doc, random random, mob mob mob, sk i would gladly join a mob channel game...

i have no idea how he knew who i was, there was no lag screen post start of game.

Here is replay

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=205744

Clawtrocity
April 27th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah there is a bug that some people are abusing and DR and Procyon are aware of it, but I don't think there is anything that can be done. If you join the mafia channel you'll find a lot more in house games that are very interesting and fun.

Marshall
April 27th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Same for me
One guy focused me as SK and said "i always focus top points guys"

upd
name of this guy is Sanity

Zack
April 28th, 2011, 12:31 AM
A bug that people abuse? You mean its possible to tell who is who even after names change and colors randomize? :o

That doesn't seem possible... Unless people use hacks or something..

Clawtrocity
April 28th, 2011, 07:20 AM
It has nothing to do with hacks, but it does happen. I don't understand why it matters if someone knows who you are though...I guess if you're being targetted for being host or possibly having a lot of points then maybe.

Anyway, it's already known and it's possibly unfixable, but they said they would look into it and if there is a way I'm sure they'll add it eventually.

Searix
April 28th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I have a much better explanation: How often were you using the 40 point/150 point character?

Afumba
April 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Honestly said... u are getting targeted as host if ppls dont like ur settings...

Its the same like people targetting others cuzof names like:
- Jester, Mafia, I am Sheriff etctec
- shot me pls or kinda like that
- any real pro Gamer name
- any celebrety
- or any mafia sounding names that someone thinks he has heared it in RL... i suggest probly the game will give such peoples the bady role for sure... (i suggest they think so^^)

Actually its all a players fault as they judge by senseless criteria... like names, colours or just because someone is at the top of the player list... Nothing u can do about suhc things... beside checking for good player, make a group and join toegether^^