PDA

View Full Version : Proposed M-FM Changes

oops_ur_dead
August 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
1. M-FM Points System

This could possibly remedy inactivity, as well as add another fun element to M-FMs. This would add a points meter to every person, separate from rep/post count/whatever. The only way to add to these points is by posting in the M-FM board, perhaps with a daily limit (something low like 5 posts/day) to prevent spamming to farm points. Optionally, we can give a certain number of points to hosts as an incentive for more people to get involved with hosting M-FMs. These points can then be used as a general gauge of a person's M-FM activity. We can even have something like entrance fees for M-FMs, tournaments with point prizes for the victors, and betting on the outcome of M-FMs.

I had another idea but I forgot it lol. I'll add it here when I remember it.

Bruno
August 22nd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Not enough L4D

pebrock
August 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Meh, I don't like that idea.

Damus_Graves
August 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
+1, i think it is a good idea

LeaD
August 22nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
sooo, people who would be new to M-FM's couldn't actually join decent ones?

Bruno
August 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
I think instead you should have to play an S-FM before participating in an M-FM

Yayap
August 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
I'm not a fan of a points system, I absolutely despised FalseTruths point system for FMs.

However, I don't mind having a history of what games they played and if they were modkilled in those games. Once the database if complete, I'll be asking the hosts to find out any modkills, once we weed out the repeat offending lurkers, hosts should have a better idea if they want to let them play or not.

If you can think of a better point distribution, I'm willing to listen.

@Bruno: I'm against having any requirements like the one you suggested, I personally am not a fan of most of the setups in SFMs and would get bored playing them. And as I am adding the players to the database, I'm finding out that it's almost always the same people playing. And with the limited player slots open (up to 13) very few people will meet this requirement.

Bruno
August 22nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Oh, I see

Ash
August 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
i like the points system.

it motivates players, but i don't like the 5 posts/day limit.

oops_ur_dead
August 22nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
I'm not a fan of a points system, I absolutely despised FalseTruths point system for FMs.

However, I don't mind having a history of what games they played and if they were modkilled in those games. Once the database if complete, I'll be asking the hosts to find out any modkills, once we weed out the repeat offending lurkers, hosts should have a better idea if they want to let them play or not.

If you can think of a better point distribution, I'm willing to listen.

@Bruno: I'm against having any requirements like the one you suggested, I personally am not a fan of most of the setups in SFMs and would get bored playing them. And as I am adding the players to the database, I'm finding out that it's almost always the same people playing. And with the limited player slots open (up to 13) very few people will meet this requirement.

This wouldn't be quite the same. It would be more of a currency system, where you earn currency based on how active you are in M-FMs, and then being able to use said currency for M-FM related things. It would definitely add more than just a way to prevent inactivity.

i like the points system.

it motivates players, but i don't like the 5 posts/day limit.

The limit doesn't limit how many times you can post per day, but how many posts per day will count for points. Once you have posted 5 times in a day, you won't earn any more points per post until the next day, but you can keep posting. This will prevent people from simply spamming in M-FMs just to earn points.

Damus_Graves
August 22nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
This sounds like it excludes S-FM and the big FM's. But , i could be reading this the wrong way.

Ash
August 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
The limit doesn't limit how many times you can post per day, but how many posts per day will count for points. Once you have posted 5 times in a day, you won't earn any more points per post until the next day, but you can keep posting. This will prevent people from simply spamming in M-FMs just to earn points.
ok i get it now
+1

Nick
August 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
1. The rich gets richer? Nice. Thank goodness I'm in the next M-FM.

2. I'll be hosting S-FM Point Farm I, II and III simultaneously soon. All SKs.

I'm a jerk who likes sarcasm. But these are the main issues.

AppleyNO
August 22nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
I always allow new players in my SFMs, so someone who has zero points wont be excluded in my game. Then they should have 20ish points if there were active, so it would all be good =).

I love the database Yayap is making, however.

Ash
August 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
I always allow new players in my SFMs, so someone who has zero points wont be excluded in my game. Then they should have 20ish points if there were active, so it would all be good =).

I love the database Yayap is making, however.
it's grammar, not grammer.
fix ur edit reason.

sorry for going off-topic, but my post serves as a bump.

Ambient
August 22nd, 2012, 06:28 PM
I think the database is sufficient.

Hosts can view a players record. That is what is important. Did the player play? Did was he modkilled? Replaced?

That is what is important.