PDA

View Full Version : open relationships?

philie
July 24th, 2011, 05:32 AM
So with all the social topics going, and even Plato having one, i figured i wanna be just like him and start one of my own.

So i lived my short life being completely ordinary in my views on commitments. I doubted that system, but didnt come to anything innovating and settled with it.
Recently, though, i met some people who blew my mind, being content and all being in an open relationship.
Do you guys think such things work out? Do you think they could work out for anyone? For you personally?
If you could/wanted to change yours, how would do it and why?

Post your interesting and creative responces in the comment section below.

chocopaw
July 24th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I see no reason why having feelings for one person should say anything about the feelings for another. :)
Sure, for people with jealousy issues it's not possible to just press a switch and give their partner room, but believing that you can only love one person and all that kind of stuff is just a sad ideology. And believing that one cannot change or that open relationships can never work is falsified by beautiful examples. You just have to look around. :)

Landstander
July 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Open relationships aren't for everybody. It's certainly takes both sides to agree on.

HustleKing
July 26th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I feel like its either im committed in a relationship, or im not in a relationship at all. I dont like relationships, especially in college. You can have your fun with the person steadily without having to be in a relationship.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
July 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Are you and your wife open-minded?