PDA

View Full Version : Other Maps

NorthStar
July 22nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Do any of you play "Cortex Roleplay" to be curious? Runling Run? 1v1 Obs, Star Battle, Desert Strike? Anything aside from the good ol Mafia?

chocopaw
July 22nd, 2011, 03:24 PM
rofl, this thread now covers this whole new subforum. :D
I mostly play Battle Planets, Pictionary, Pudge Wars atm. You should check all of them out if you haven't yet.
Other good maps: Debates, Run Viking Run and many more I can't think of right now, because I play Pictionary. xD

NorthStar
July 22nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Sentry Scramble is VERY fun, Photon Cycles to an extent too.

Crimson
July 22nd, 2011, 04:14 PM
Star Battle, Dark Deeds, Cortex Roleplay, MineralZ

Auckmid
July 22nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Squadron tower, Star battle, Island Defence(A lot), Dark Deeds, Parasite(Addicted to it when it first came out, but now no one plays it :()

MrSmarter
July 22nd, 2011, 10:12 PM
Island defense, parasite.

philie
July 23rd, 2011, 01:40 AM
squadron tower, yet that game is hell if you dont premade. it also has no public chat channel which is a letdown.

Marcus
July 23rd, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hero Attack, dark deeds, and I used to play smashcraft but nobody does anymore.

Nick
July 23rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
Star Battle, Dark Deeds, Night of the Dead, Colonial Line Wars ver1.78

Ruffles
July 23rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
desert strike makes me super horny

Zack
July 24th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Desert Strike, Star Battle, The Card Game, City of Tempest.

I'd play HeroLineWars too if it was more popular, unfortunatley nobody plays it...

Graham
July 24th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Squadron tower, Star battle, Island Defence(A lot), Dark Deeds, Parasite(Addicted to it when it first came out, but now no one plays it :()

That's something shitty about the starcraft 2 system. No one plays unpopular but fun maps. Perhaps when you see other posters in this thread or me around, ask and try to get a game of that going :)

Zack
July 24th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Its the fault of the "popularity" system... We need the old school WC3 system back, to an extent, possibly just order the games by activity - time of the game being hosted, instead of popularity. Dang thats a good one, i'l go suggest it to blizzard.

Edit: Btw, have you noticed how now, whenever someone disconnects from the lobby the countdown automatically aborts? I suggested that, Blizzard listens to suggestions it seems :P

Darth Sand
July 24th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Pictionary, battle planets, debates, a little bit of pudge wars. And yesterday I played squadron td again after a long time, it's also fun.

TheJackofSpades
July 24th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Its the fault of the "popularity" system... We need the old school WC3 system back, to an extent, possibly just order the games by activity - time of the game being hosted, instead of popularity. Dang thats a good one, i'l go suggest it to blizzard.

Edit: Btw, have you noticed how now, whenever someone disconnects from the lobby the countdown automatically aborts? I suggested that, Blizzard listens to suggestions it seems :P

All they have to do is seperate the system they currently have in place(i.e. Being able to browse all the submitted maps in a giant database, so that maps not being played can still be located, and created), and then re-implement b.net 1.0 game system(naming game and password, and selecting what game to join out of a list of currently created games with unique names). That way, you have the best of both worlds, you can actually tell what games are currently being played, and non-popular maps are still in the forefront in a very real way.

Of course, that'll never happen, because Blizzard can barely make searching maps and scrolling through the list even partially bearable.

Auckmid
July 24th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Pictionary, battle planets, debates, a little bit of pudge wars. And yesterday I played squadron td again after a long time, it's also fun.

Is Battle Planets EU server only? I've never seen it on NA server.

Darth Sand
July 24th, 2011, 02:38 PM

Is Battle Planets EU server only? I've never seen it on NA server.

No, it's also on the NA server, but as far as I know, it's being played even less than on EU (which sadly means about never).

NorthStar
July 24th, 2011, 02:40 PM
It's not the WC3 system, it's the SC1 system, LOL.

Inca_Killa
July 24th, 2011, 06:44 PM
The Star Strikers, Nexus Wars, Megaton

Doc
July 29th, 2011, 05:36 AM
With all due respect to Dark.Rev and this truly awesome Mafia game, Parasite was the most fun I ever had in Sc2 hands down. It was like Mafia but you could walk around and do stuff!

Sarzael
July 30th, 2011, 02:12 AM
I play Cortex RP a lot.
I play Dark Deeds, which is actually dead.
I play Parasite EU, which is actually dead.
I play Smashcraft, which isnt dead but isnt played a lot.
I play No Mans Land.
I play Core Fights.

Maps from EU.

Zack
July 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
If you want Blizzard to change the stupid popularity system then go here and support my suggestion: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2423034285

Thats for people from EU only though, not sure if others can post there.

McJesus
July 30th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Man not a lot of people here play nexus wars, that is my other main custom game apart from 1v1obs here and there.

Also if we could get a group of mafia chat people debates is a fun game to play

WaWMoose
August 1st, 2011, 03:51 PM
RMC is fun, i used to play alot of Star Battle but not anymore, Micro tournament games are fun, and 1v1 Obs is nice too, unless u get a douchey troll. Debates is a good game too but noone ever plays it so never get a chance to :/

LOBSTERS
August 8th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I love Parasite so so much. Pro para. I love luring people into mines and blowing them up or locking them into rooms as janitor.. Mafians, we need to play this game.

Auckmid
August 8th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I love Parasite so so much. Pro para. I love luring people into mines and blowing them up or locking them into rooms as janitor.. Mafians, we need to play this game.

It's wierd that so many people on the website loved Parasite, but no one play's it anymore :(.

Ruffles
August 8th, 2011, 05:08 PM
quick guys, let's form a rebellion against DR and play desert strike instead!!!

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 8th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Boycott Mafia

Marcus
August 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Parasite is on NA too right? I thought I saw it once. The mafia channel should totally get together and play it if it is.

NorthStar
August 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I'm on NA.

Pygalisk
August 21st, 2011, 09:03 AM
I RP a lot. You can find good non-pube games at the Roleplaying channel.

Elixir
August 23rd, 2011, 01:01 AM
SC2 VAMP IS OUT OMFG BBQ

Crimson
August 23rd, 2011, 04:31 AM
SC2 VAMP IS OUT OMFG BBQ

To bad it sucks.

AirBudd
August 29th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Special Forces: Elite not as much fun anymore cause it lags 1/2 way through and Lanzarote hasen't updated in a week but w/e :P

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 29th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Special Forces easy as fuck, just takes time. I remember on BW when it actually was a challenge of sorts.

LOBSTERS
September 2nd, 2011, 05:12 AM
I loved Test of Skill. Y'know, that map which was only translated from Korean to English in a couple of very easy (comparatively) versions. You were set in the middle of the map surrounded by enemies, healed in the middle and got more life by destroying heavily defended pylons in the corners.

chocopaw
September 2nd, 2011, 05:15 AM
Somebody has to make "Are you a retard?", that's for sure.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
Those old glitch maps were pretty fun. Killing a Siege Tank with a Command Center, having a Drone fly across water/space. Good times. One of my favorite maps was the Gladiator which really did require cooperation which was hard to come by, usually. The SC2 version is a powerfest and pretty damned easy compared to SC1's.

TheJackofSpades
September 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Those old glitch maps were pretty fun. Killing a Siege Tank with a Command Center, having a Drone fly across water/space. Good times. One of my favorite maps was the Gladiator which really did require cooperation which was hard to come by, usually. The SC2 version is a powerfest and pretty damned easy compared to SC1's.

As are most SC2 conversions of SC1 maps, unfortunately.

It's a shame the "Can you do X amount of tricks?" maps were basically just a platter of bug fixes for Blizzard, they were fun to learn because a select few were actually useful in actual play.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 2nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Quality deteriorates the more easy it is to make maps.

Spy
October 17th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I thought Trapped in Hell was gonna be fun. It's more popular than Mafia so I thought I'd give it a try.

Cannot be more wrong. Basically it was Terran vs Zerg invasion and we were a team of terrans and we are given THIRTY MINUTES to build and build and build and not even one Zerg came...

Gave up at around 20 minutes. I was not the first to quit.

Bows to whoever actually find this fun...

Luna
October 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I thought Trapped in Hell was gonna be fun. It's more popular than Mafia so I thought I'd give it a try.

Cannot be more wrong. Basically it was Terran vs Zerg invasion and we were a team of terrans and we are given THIRTY MINUTES to build and build and build and not even one Zerg came...

Gave up at around 20 minutes. I was not the first to quit.

Bows to whoever actually find this fun...

Sounds like you got trolled son, 'Trapped in Hell' indeed xD

Ambient
October 17th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I saw that many of the earlier posts included Dark Deeds. This made me nostalgic. Before Mafia, that was my game. Top 8 FTW with Helemar, Proxor, and Hisoka.

MrSmarter
October 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I saw that many of the earlier posts included Dark Deeds. This made me nostalgic. Before Mafia, that was my game. Top 8 FTW with Helemar, Proxor, and Hisoka.
Try Parasite sometime, if you can get a game together. It's somewhat similar.

Ambient
October 17th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I liked War3 Parasite better. Although the last time I played the SC2 version was 6 months ago.. The controls were more complicated than they needed to be at the time.

MrSmarter
October 17th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I liked War3 Parasite better. Although the last time I played the SC2 version was 6 months ago.. The controls were more complicated than they needed to be at the time.
I've never played War3. The guy who made the map stopped updating it, so it's pretty much dead now.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
October 18th, 2011, 07:37 AM
You need to specify to which you refer to, MrSmarter. WC3 in general is dead. Do you mean the SC2 Parasite map?

The WC3 Parasite map's been dead way before WC3 died.

Boxxy
November 7th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Squad TD is the shit when you get to solo VS 3 or 4 other guys, and you own them in the end. So satisfying.

Pygalisk
November 12th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I am an active Cortex Roleplayer, and I play this game called Malum Ruina.

It's kind of like Parasite and Mafia, but more intense. :D