PDA

View Full Version : {Implemented} Executioner

Cryptonic
August 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Please make it so executioner targets are NEVER spy or mayor.

That just ruins the role and makes it 100% impossible to win.

Damus_Graves
August 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I suggest options such as Target is always neutral or mafia

Cryptonic
August 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I suggest options such as Target is always neutral or mafia

I disagree, then town will always be more than welcome to go ahead with the lynch. At least if the target is always town (or can be anything) town is hesitent that it is an executioner and avoid the lynch, even if it's a sheriff's call.

If someone goes : X IS MAFIA, I'M EXECUTIONER
and they look at it says target is always mafia... that kind of spoils the fun

Ash
August 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM
a good executioner can get a mayor/spy lynched.

Cryptonic
August 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM
a good executioner can get a mayor/spy lynched.

Hey guys, x is mafia.
Mayor reveals
oh not gonna get lynched

Hey guys, y is mafia
no i'm spy *pm test*
oh not gonna get lynched

Ash
August 13th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Hey guys, x is mafia.
Mayor reveals
oh not gonna get lynched

Hey guys, y is mafia
no i'm spy *pm test*
oh not gonna get lynched
No... This is how we do it:

Mayor scenario:
Exec: hey guys X is mafia
Mayor: no im not omg
*ppl vote up mayor*
*Mayor reveals*
Exec: OMG NO NO HE GOT CULTED HE GOT CULTED VOTE GUILTY
Exec: GUILTY
Random Guy: GUILTY

Same thing with Spy, this works great in a Public game.

Cryptonic
August 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Oh yes... Mayor is Mafia
Did I say mafia? I meant cult!
that'd go over well

cookies4you
August 13th, 2012, 02:36 PM
The Spy is impossible to lynch, no exception.

The Mayor, on the other hand, is a bit easier.

Ash
August 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM
The Spy is impossible to lynch, no exception.

The Mayor, on the other hand, is a bit easier.
Only when Spy can't read PMs. That's why the option is there.

Yayap
August 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
You guys are thinking the wrong way... don't get town to lynch the mayor and spy, get the scum to do it later in the game when town looses majority.

There is more than one way to play as an Executioner, saying day 1: "X is scum, lynch him" is not the only way nor is it always the best way. If you guys are loosing as Exe because your target is a confirmed townie, then start playing like a neutral and stay low longer and get the scum to help you.

Ash
August 13th, 2012, 03:40 PM
You guys are thinking the wrong way... don't get town to lynch the mayor and spy, get the scum to do it later in the game when town looses majority.

There is more than one way to play as an Executioner, saying day 1: "X is scum, lynch him" is not the only way nor is it always the best way. If you guys are loosing as Exe because your target is a confirmed townie, then start playing like a neutral and stay low longer and get the scum to help you.
That's exactly what I meant 8)

Cryptonic
August 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM

I don't LOOSE as executioner very often. Just annoying when you get dealt a mayor lol

EliteMarine
August 13th, 2012, 03:44 PM
No... This is how we do it:

Mayor scenario:
Exec: hey guys X is mafia
Mayor: no im not omg
*ppl vote up mayor*
*Mayor reveals*
Exec: OMG NO NO HE GOT CULTED HE GOT CULTED VOTE GUILTY
Random Guy: GUILTY

Same thing with Spy, this works great in a Public game.

Wouldn't town not catch on that you initially said that he was mafia? Plus a mayor can't reveal if he is culted?

Ash
August 13th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Wouldn't town not catch on that you initially said that he was mafia? Plus a mayor can't reveal if he is culted?
yea... that's why i said public game :|

Dark.Revenant
August 14th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Game already does this for Mayor. Spy I'll add too.

Nick
August 14th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Pub 1 Pro 0

Pub 2 Pro 0

EagleMan
August 14th, 2012, 03:06 AM
What about a Mason? Or a Bus Driver? Where does it end? They can confirm themselves easily.

But is there any way to only exclude the Spy only when he has PM reading enabled or the game has PMs disabled?

Mugy
August 14th, 2012, 05:27 AM
What about a Mason? Or a Bus Driver? Where does it end? They can confirm themselves easily.

But is there any way to only exclude the Spy only when he has PM reading enabled or the game has PMs disabled?
It's a little harder to convince town you're bus driver because you could be getting a mafia teammate to confirm your claim. There is some room for doubt, i.e lynch. But for mayor and spies that can read pms, it is always definite confirmation.

So I don't believe masons and bus drivers need to be excluded.

EagleMan
August 14th, 2012, 10:48 AM
In a game of 3 Masons, or if there is a confirmed Mason Leader in the game (i.e. preplaced or a Cult has been whacked), then it is much easier to verify a Mason.

Also BD can be troublesome to lynch if you don't instantly try to lynch him as Executioner, or there is a preplaced Bus Driver, because if you wait past the first day then Bus Driver will much more easily be able to confirm his status.

Lysergic
August 16th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Game already does this for Mayor. Spy I'll add too.

/thread