PDA

View Full Version : Role Idea - Mayor

Imperfect
April 25th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I thought a good class would be Mayor. The mayor would be able to secretly veto a lynch.

Clawtrocity
April 25th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Eh, It's already hard enough to get a lynch through when it matters...This would it god awful hard to win as mafia...Another dimension though yes.

Vorpal
April 26th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Maybe the Mayor secretly gets 2 votes?

Imperfect
April 26th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I thought about 2 votes before but I think clever people could deduce who has double voting power pretty quickly. With veto it could not be deduced.

Vorpal
April 26th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Hmm.

Maybe the can choose one target at night, and steal their vote in the day?

Veto just seems...powerful. Improper use could really fuck the town.

Nixiae
April 26th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I am french (sorry for my english btw), and irl we got a game like mafia, but with werewolves and stuff.

In this game, you don't randomly get mayor but vote for him.
It happens like this : Before, or right after the cards are given people wanting to be mayor raise their hands, and then they, one by one, do a little speech about why they want to be mayor etc.
Then everybody votes, and a new mayor is chosen.
He publicly got 2 voices.

Might be an interesting idea ?

PS : Doing this after the cards are given might be easy for mafia, so maybe just before.
Or just vote after, where the mafia guy got to be very convincing, if he doesn't wants the three others mafia to feel dumb after voting for a guy who said 2 words, looking suspicious then.

Also, yes he could get killed, but not sure.Example : doctor saves the mayor every turn, as he needs him.
Or if the mayor survives long, people would start accusing him of mafia,
etc etc and lots of great mindgames :)