PDA

View Full Version : Help DR Thread!

Goonswarm
July 19th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Rich mafia members and forum members. If I am wrong by posting this please DELETE and remove and call me a moron.

If possible DarkRevenant needs a good job, he is attempting to attend college as well as obtain a job with his current skillset. I simply ask that if possible and able provide him with employ. For if he was to live in California he could work for my father or mother! Unfortunately he does not so yea.... Can we help him?

I would just think that it might be good for us to try to help someone who has helped make this game amazing and what it is today. That is all!

Spy
July 19th, 2011, 04:33 AM
He can work for me any day.

Spy
July 19th, 2011, 04:36 AM
His first job would be to find my rich uncle who lives in California, and tell him to invest about US$ 1+ million in my company that I've just started.

And find out what the best form of transaction is.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
July 19th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Incentives on the ADs :(

Plato's donated like $400. Which is like half of all his donations, most of which went to his computer that doesn't suck.

oops_ur_dead
July 19th, 2011, 05:59 AM
For if he was to live in California he could work for my father or mother! Unfortunately he does not so yea....

Uh yeah he does.

Landstander
July 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
doesnt DR live in San Diego? Hes going to SDSU same place i got my degree from

Graham
July 19th, 2011, 09:23 AM
For if he was to live in California he could work for my father or mother!

doesnt DR live in San Diego? Hes going to SDSU same place i got my degree from

I sense a solution. :D

Dark.Revenant
July 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I'm 12 and what is this

Graham
July 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I'm 12 and what is this

Nothing to see here, son, move along. By the way, get your dad. It's for him.

;D

S
July 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
he'll make some good money from scu, 80k+ views on youtube for the trailer, even if the map costs only 1$ per person the team would make 80k+ dollar, assume blizzard taking some %, but there will be still a big piece left

or lets say the map becomes 5$ per pruchase, DR can have a nice living from sc2 mapping with blizzard's current plan of the map market

Graham
July 19th, 2011, 12:38 PM
That will really hurt the audience.

I believe that DR has stated that he will be keeping this a free map.

Dark.Revenant
July 19th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Mafia will be free. SCU will not be free, except for a raid demo and the PvP arena.

Graham
July 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM
SCU?

TheJackofSpades
July 19th, 2011, 04:05 PM
SCU?

http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,1279.0.html

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
July 20th, 2011, 03:25 AM
How much off of SCU will you be earning? Percentage-wise.

Graham
July 20th, 2011, 03:46 AM
How much off of SCU will you be earning? Percentage-wise.

Silly question.. obviously 99.9%. ;)

Dark.Revenant
July 20th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Well, maybe (99.9%)^3000 of the income at best. All I did was the physics engine.

Graham
July 20th, 2011, 05:14 AM
That got to be a mistake lol.

And, DR is still making us feel guilty with that story about "I dun jobz, plox donate" in front page haha. From what I have seen on this thread, DR is pretty much self-employed. It's an non issue anyway - mafia is awesome. SCU looks really good too. If he had a job, we might won't have mafia and SCU! :O

Anyway I feel obligated to donate... maybe i will soon hehe. BTW, DR, how much to get benefactor? Patron?

S
July 20th, 2011, 07:06 AM
BTW, DR, how much to get benefactor? Patron?

didnt knew we could ask that
i need to know it too because of the hulk model and shniy hat T_T

Graham
July 20th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Haha it was just a random question. It looks like it will take 300 or something LOL. Was just curious

oops_ur_dead
July 20th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Over $400 for number 1 place.

oops_ur_dead
July 20th, 2011, 08:44 AM
And, DR is still making us feel guilty with that story about "I dun jobz, plox donate" in front page haha. From what I have seen on this thread, DR is pretty much self-employed. It's an non issue anyway - mafia is awesome. SCU looks really good too. If he had a job, we might won't have mafia and SCU! :O

$1,550.66 may seem like a lot to a regular person, but Rev lives by himself and supports himself. Especially considering the time he's put into Mafia, well over 400 hours, it isn't much. Well below minimum wage.

Programming can be a very unevenly paying job. Sometimes you earn a lot from little work, sometimes you earn a little from a lot of work. In comparison, I spent about 12 hours on my iPhone tweak and made about $1200 from it. Of course, the tweak is much less complex and well coded than Mafia.

Graham
July 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM

$1,550.66 may seem like a lot to a regular person, but Rev lives by himself and supports himself. Especially considering the time he's put into Mafia, well over 400 hours, it isn't much. Well below minimum wage.

Programming can be a very unevenly paying job. Sometimes you earn a lot from little work, sometimes you earn a little from a lot of work. In comparison, I spent about 12 hours on my iPhone tweak and made about $1200 from it. Of course, the tweak is much less complex and well coded than Mafia.

That's definitely true - no debate there.

What I meant is that once the map market opens in SC2, DR may will finally see some good money coming in. Hopefully, it will be enough to earn a living :)

Maybe I'm too optimistic haha

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
July 20th, 2011, 11:45 AM
There can be only one Benefactor? eh? Shit just add the bastard (plato) to the credits as "Executive Producer."

Dark.Revenant
July 20th, 2011, 12:14 PM
No, there can be multiple benefactors. AdmiralCain is one, Plato is the other. I suggest not trying to best Plato's donations unless you have a very deep pocket. Only recently would I have broken the $1000 mark if Plato wasn't a donor. The denominations are mainly for high distinction, as is customary with most places that accept donations. The actual reward value of donating that high is fairly small, as you only unlock a couple hats and (in the next version) models each level up, since the reward is more of extra gratitude than an actual exchange of goods.

Also, I live at my parents' house. I'd be insane to try to live alone without a job here. I could get away with having no job if I earned actual sales income, because that qualifies as true self-employment income due to its nature and magnitude. However, making a successful marketplace map solo is probably something that nobody can do. Blizzard themselves stated that even maps of the quality level of WC3's DotA would either be a failure or be simply ineligible to be sold. Come on, my competition is the smash-hit-to-be SCU (not really competition because I'll earn money from SCU's success anyway), and a few total conversions.

Ironically, even though I'm not going to make mafia a paid map, it would probably improve everyone's quality of play and basically eliminate trolling if everyone had to pay a couple bucks for it. Oh well.

Brendan
August 22nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
The way of the gigolo is always an option for one with such a profound skill set.

creedkingsx
August 23rd, 2012, 05:25 AM
No. >>