PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Hueg

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
January 19th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Does anyone here actually have one that they play Live on?

Also: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sarah-Palin-Signed-Autograph-XBOX-360-/160532045033?pt=Video_Games&hash=item2560749ce9#ht_500wt_1156

BlastYoBoots
January 20th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Heh, hopefully whoever buys that Palinbox has the good sense not to play it. In sub 3 years it'd be a Palin-signed doorstop.

My brothers and I visited home after Black Friday only to discover that our mother had somehow purchased a 360 on sale, without consulting any of us. (This is the sort of person, for the record, who only recently learned that you actually need to empty your computer's trash.) No games / huge accessories, just the standard, current model. We still haven't unboxed it, and are racking our brains on what to do with the piece of shit.

I think she'd heard something about the "Kinect", and thought it'd be worth a shot. We don't have the accessory, and I doubt we'll get it unless our living room balloons to the size of an olympic-class swimming pool.

I guess we should eventually do something with it, though. Milk the 30 months until it inevitably red-rings, maybe pour enough hours into it so it faults before the warranty runs out. Problem is I'm not shelling out for a fucking Live subscription. Any suggestions?

oops_ur_dead
January 20th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Kinects are pretty cool. You can hook them up to your computer and do even more cool shit with them. That's where the fun lies.

Xbox 360s don't redring anymore. At least, the new models don't. A lot of the redrings are from overheating, anyway, which is relatively easy to fix. Just overheat it some more to melt and re-seal the solder, then replace the heat-sink if you want it to last.

If you're not paying for a Live subscription, might as well take it apart and flash the DVD drive's firmware to play pirated games. You'll get permabanned from Live, but you're not going to be playing it, anyway, so no loss.

Bruno
March 22nd, 2015, 07:04 PM
ultimate necro