PDA

View Full Version : An idea for site organization.

Cryptonic
August 2nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Hello,

I have two ideas:
1. To create a priority settings on the different sub-forums, so users can organize their forum interface in the way that they want. i.e. the French users can increase priority on the French subforum, bringing it closer to the top of their forum interface. or, one can bring FM closer to the top if that's what they're most interested in. I think that News should be stuck at the top, only makes sense.

2. On the "New Forum Posts" drop-down menu, we should be able to toggle which subforum to receive updates from. I think this would be useful, as the default for new users could be "News" and "SC2 Mafia Discussion". This will highlight the parts of the site that management is trying to promote the most.

Not sure if either are possbile, but I thought I'd throw the ideas out there.

Raptorblaze
August 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
I don't think the first one is possible because most forum softwares I've seen have the admins decide the order manually, but DR or Oops would have to answer that for sure.

Second one would be a great idea if possible though.

Cryptonic
August 2nd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Alright, cool.
Thought I'd post, idk what you can do w/ these forums =)

Menautor
August 2nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Vbulletin as a great community with sub communities all over the world. Dr and oops are pretty good at adding to this forum, ex. music in thread, spoilers etc.

the best thing when you think of a great idea like yours, is to do a quick search on either Vbull official site or related site and see if there are addons, mod or hacks even, to do what you will propose. Yes in some cases, some of the great addons are called hacks because they require more modifying than just the regular addon. So game hacks bad... forum hack good.. if it is done by DR or oops :)

visiting those sites might give you ideas for this one. they are also great at answering questions and you could also do publicity for this site over there by name dropping :)

Hello,

I have two ideas:
1. To create a priority settings on the different sub-forums, so users can organize their forum interface in the way that they want. i.e. the French users can increase priority on the French subforum, bringing it closer to the top of their forum interface. or, one can bring FM closer to the top if that's what they're most interested in. I think that News should be stuck at the top, only makes sense.

2. On the "New Forum Posts" drop-down menu, we should be able to toggle which subforum to receive updates from. I think this would be useful, as the default for new users could be "News" and "SC2 Mafia Discussion". This will highlight the parts of the site that management is trying to promote the most.

Not sure if either are possbile, but I thought I'd throw the ideas out there.

Cryptonic
August 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Vbulletin as a great community with sub communities all over the world. Dr and oops are pretty good at adding to this forum, ex. music in thread, spoilers etc.

the best thing when you think of a great idea like yours, is to do a quick search on either Vbull official site or related site and see if there are addons, mod or hacks even, to do what you will propose. Yes in some cases, some of the great addons are called hacks because they require more modifying than just the regular addon. So game hacks bad... forum hack good.. if it is done by DR or oops :)

visiting those sites might give you ideas for this one. they are also great at answering questions and you could also do publicity for this site over there by name dropping :)

noted, thank you RedBull :smile:

Menautor
August 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
you play with the bulll, you get the horn young man... stay in bars and avoid fields :)

noted, thank you RedBull :smile: