PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the bridge

nikkone
July 31st, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hey guys. First time posting here. Let's see if you can solve this decent riddle I found on Reddit.

The only way to get to the other side of the canyon is to cross a bridge leading over a very big drop. The bridge is very thin and long, about the 24 meters across the canyon and 5-6~ ft. wide. In the middle of the bridge sits a lazy guard who is mostly asleep. If he sees you, he will carry you back to the other side instantly. The bridge is old and rickety and will make enough noise to wake him up if you get too close to him. After watching the guard for a while, you find that he wakes up exactly every 60 minutes, almost as if he's programmed to do it. He will stay awake for about a minute before he goes back to sleep. With only a pocket watch and the clothes on your back, how do you get to the other side of the canyon?

I hope this riddle is good enough for you guys. Best of luck.

Bruno
July 31st, 2012, 10:02 PM
I saw Reddit and then I posted this and closed my browser.

Bluejay
July 31st, 2012, 10:16 PM
I've seen a puzzle similar to this before, but it gave you the amount of time it took to cross the bridge and the guard was on the other side.

After the guard falls asleep, walk towards the other side for almost the full 60 minutes. Soon before he wakes up, turn around and start walking back to your starting point. I'm guessing the guard once he wakes up will take you to the other side because he'll assume you came from there.

nikkone
July 31st, 2012, 10:18 PM
I've seen a puzzle similar to this before, but it gave you the amount of time it took to cross the bridge and the guard was on the other side.

After the guard falls asleep, walk towards the other side for almost the full 60 minutes. Soon before he wakes up, turn around and start walking back to your starting point. I'm guessing the guard once he wakes up will take you to the other side because he'll assume you came from there.

That's exactly right. You guys are great, I'll try to find something harder next time.

Bruno
July 31st, 2012, 10:20 PM

Is that right?

Ash
July 31st, 2012, 10:22 PM

Is that right?
u opened ur browser!

Bruno
July 31st, 2012, 10:24 PM
Yes I got bored