PDA

View Full Version : {Implemented} Early Day Sequence [Unlockable Homes?]

EliteMarine
July 31st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Editor's Note #1: I decided to post this here in regards to seeing the post by Fred Wilson in regards to the difference scenes at night based off of alignment/night status
(http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/10812-Different-night-ambience-depending-on-alignment-role)
Editor's Note #2: I am fully aware that there are much more inportant things to add, but I am posting this because I think this idea works well following the night events from Fred Wilson's night idea.

I have slightly expanded my thought on this idea.

Instead of every day when the bodies turn up in the middle of town and their death descriptions are read, how about have the player lie outside their home with everyone left alive standing outside the house looking upon the body and have the death descriptions read. That way, it is kinda more like they died at their home instead of just showing up at town randomly dead.

I think by doing this you are making the game that much more immersive and it follows Fred's nigh sequence well. So it is outlined as so:

1. Day starts
2. Scene shifts to dead player on the ground with all of the town standing before the dead body with the home of the dead player visible.
3. The death description is read as normal and role is revealed.
4. If there are more deaths from the night, repeat steps 2-4
5. Once all dead players are complete, the scene shifts back to the town circle where discussions begin.

And for cool points, maybe allowing both the house and the player burn when an arsonist kills his targets. It would just add to the effect.

----

So this leads to the ability to unlock houses with their points. So like when newcomers come in, lets say that when they die, the die in front of a shack with all survivors looking at the body.

Then as you gain points you can unlock newer houses. (Similar to unlocking hats and models). Maybe start with a shack or a run down house and work your way up to a small home, condo, regular home, a mansion, and then a palace at every X amount of points.

The home can be selected just like all the other unlocks are selected. People like to unlock stuff yes?

Thoughts? Suggestions or Improvements?

Cryptonic
July 31st, 2012, 10:31 AM
The one thing everyone should remember is: the larger the script is, the longer the load will take.

Ash
July 31st, 2012, 10:37 AM
It's not a bad idea imo

EliteMarine
July 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
The one thing everyone should remember is: the larger the script is, the longer the load will take.

Noted. And I will be honest, I don't know how much script something like this will take to be implemented. So I can only offer suggestions. Honestly, the only thing being added new is placement of character models and a new camera angle. Death descriptions and the like will remain the same and already are in the game. I don't think adding a house will be that big a deal hopefully.

*Hopes*

Dark.Revenant
July 31st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Was a fairly straightforward addition.

Cryptonic
July 31st, 2012, 03:46 PM

lol this guy

EliteMarine
July 31st, 2012, 05:35 PM

Good to know! Thanks for taking the time to review this suggestion.

I personally look forward to seeing this in action.

Damus_Graves
July 31st, 2012, 05:35 PM
as do i . good suggestion EliteMarine!

Auckmid
August 4th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Unlockable homes would be a great addition. I like this thread a lot:)

EliteMarine
August 4th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Unlockable homes would be a great addition. I like this thread a lot:)

Keeping my fingers crossed DR adds unlockable homes.

It is already nice to see players dead at homes instead of just dead at town circle.

I think DR likes the map the way it is, so I am not sure about the homes. But we will see.

Dark.Revenant
August 4th, 2012, 04:43 AM
We don't exactly have house models to choose from.

Mugy
August 4th, 2012, 06:53 AM
We should be able to spawn in a river or something :)

EliteMarine
August 4th, 2012, 11:10 AM
We don't exactly have house models to choose from.

Oh that stinks. :cheesy:

Well overall I like what was done with the deaths. No complaints. Thanks for implementing!