PDA

View Full Version : Survivor + Serial Killer End

WaWMoose
July 16th, 2011, 01:22 PM
So in a game i had a few days ago, I was Survivor, and was basically forced to claim my role on the second day because of sheriff asking me, then I was silenced by a Blackmailer, and a player pretended to be silenced too, so I told the town and they lynched that guy who was actually the Godfather. At the end of the game it was me, Serial Killer, and two masons.

Here is where the only important part of this post is >< The Serial Killer killed one of the masons, and then it was just me, SK, and one mason. I decided to help the SK win since i thought he played a better game than the town, so we lynched the mason. And it was just me (Survivor) and the Serial Killer left, but instead of the game ending with SK and me as winners, it went to another night (where he did not kill me) before the game ending.

This one extra night just seems unnecessary because of a few reasons: SK and Survivor can win together so why add another useless night, and if SK was stupid/a jerk he would have killed the survivor (assuming no vests left) that night and the survivor would be robbed of a win (its already hard enough IMO to win as Surv.).

So please remove this one extra useless night. Also i'm not sure if it also happens when its Mafia/Town killing role and survivor left, might have a similar problem.

Dark.Revenant
July 16th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I'll change it but this might cause major balance issues in the more extreme setups.

Nick
July 17th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I forsee that the splash for NOBODY WINS will become irrelevant... maybe not... unless it's a 3-way kill...

Zack
July 19th, 2011, 01:49 AM
If Mafia and SK are the ones left as two people then the game should not end, but go to night? Or will SK win right there?

LeaversGonnaLeave
July 19th, 2011, 08:27 AM
If Mafia and SK are the ones left as two people then the game should not end, but go to night? Or will SK win right there?

Yeah, I'd be kind of upset if a non immune SK won before I had the chance to kill him at night(though SK is immune in my setups). Is there any way to just change it for the Survivor and nobody else? Though in the case of an SK not killing anybody all game and claiming Survivor so the Mafia would not attack him that last night, then it would just out the SK when the game didn't end at the end of the day. So yeah it could have issues.

Personally, I feel like we all should just deal with that one extra night since it could cause issues and it would cause a lot of QQ when people lose because of the game ending right there instead of waiting. What's another 45 seconds in a game really going to matter?

Dark.Revenant
July 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM
If the day begins with 2 people, no matter what the game WILL end.

LeaversGonnaLeave
July 19th, 2011, 12:24 PM
If the day begins with 2 people, no matter what the game WILL end.

I know that, but I thought he was talking about when the day ends with 2 people and one being a Survivor. Sorry if I came off wrong or got the wrong point of this thread. Also, I believe Zack was also talking about the day ending with those two people(after a lynch occured killing the last townie or whatever the mafia and sk decided to lynch) but I could be wrong.

Dark.Revenant
July 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM
The survivor, jester, and executioner now DO end the game when left with just a Serial Killer.

Zack
July 20th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Thanks for clarifying :p

Thats a good change, well, for Jester it doesn't matter but the extra night won't do him any good anyway.