PDA

View Full Version : New Mode Selection: Quick/Speedy/Faster

Clawtrocity
April 25th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I've been trying to get a lot of my friends interested in this game and what seems to be their biggest complaint is that everything takes so long. My setup already has the minimum time settings for day night and discussion, but they think the death scenes and everything like that are just extra flavor things that don't need to be there. I personally love them, but it got me thinking that maybe there could be a fast mode where it takes everything like that out of the game and people just die.

First part of the day it can just list all the dead people in the graveyard instead of going one by one to each one, no death scene they just die after their last words. Just something to make the game go a little quicker as an option.

Deolrin
April 25th, 2011, 09:44 AM
No!
That would completely ruin all the atmopshere and overall awesomeness of the game. :(

Clawtrocity
April 25th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Again, I enjoy the way the game is now, but it would make sense to have a mode that can start and finish quicker than this. I only propose this as an option in addition to the current setup.

Omgproberush
April 25th, 2011, 10:17 AM
There's already been a lot of changes to speed the game up, and so you can already go pretty fast. And sure, it could be an "option" but making every single little thing an option is probably a lot of work, and might make things more convoluted. There's already a ton of things to tweak in order to speed up the pace of the game.

Dark.Revenant
April 25th, 2011, 10:26 AM
-Mafia- is already the speed-chess of Mafia games.

I could make an option for ultra-speed. It would be tricky to find space for the checkbox but it can be done. However, I won't do it. Some things are just far too dangerous. First of all, you KNOW over 50% of the hosts would use that option and essentially remove most of the remaining atmosphere of the game. If you want to remove all that stuff, play Epicmafia. It's free.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
April 25th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Usually a Mafia game tends to last for a week on forums, Mafia should be a very slow-paced game but Rev has, like he said, made it almost as fast as he possibly can for it to still stay Mafia and not shit man i can't wait to be a total shit and farm points

Elixir
April 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM
-Mafia- is already the speed-chess of Mafia games.

I could make an option for ultra-speed. It would be tricky to find space for the checkbox but it can be done. However, I won't do it. Some things are just far too dangerous. First of all, you KNOW over 50% of the hosts would use that option and essentially remove most of the remaining atmosphere of the game. If you want to remove all that stuff, play Epicmafia. It's free.

I agree... I havent been able to play a game with Night Sequence on since like 0.4 beta because everyone complains "ITS TOO SLOWZ". A super fast mode would just compile onto that.

anemoneya
April 25th, 2011, 08:09 PM
the time that feels really slow is the trial and execution cut scene,

fast mode should make it so person walking to middle, and execution cutscene very fast or omit it. During this time people can't even talk so it feels really boring after you watch cutscene 100+ times...first it was cool..especially sniping one...

Membrax
April 26th, 2011, 01:31 AM
I agree... I havent been able to play a game with Night Sequence on since like 0.4 beta because everyone complains "ITS TOO SLOWZ". A super fast mode would just compile onto that.

So true. I hardly ever see Night Sequence now, plus people tend to shorten night and day so much it's almost ridiculous :p

I agree the parts past the judgement (innocent/guilty) drags on a bit, maybe the "May God blablabla" and the Execution scenes could be a tad faster.
If anything, I'd prefer longer discussion through ;)

anemoneya
April 26th, 2011, 06:44 AM
yeah i think the duration while people can talk to people or talk to ally is fine, it's just that some cutscenes where you can't type anything, making you bored. unless you have TV on or something, you have to watch it over and over. I don't think it's necessary to disable chat during execution. Actually it would be more fun.

Membrax
April 26th, 2011, 08:19 AM
yeah i think the duration while people can talk to people or talk to ally is fine, it's just that some cutscenes where you can't type anything, making you bored. unless you have TV on or something, you have to watch it over and over. I don't think it's necessary to disable chat during execution. Actually it would be more fun.

/agree
That's a simple yet effective way to make it less boring. Plus, I dunno for you, but I'm pretty annoyed by the small timeframe you are able to talk after an execution. I have like a few seconds to comment or make recommendations.