PDA

View Full Version : The Court Jury - Cho's Case

cookies4you
July 30th, 2012, 07:12 PM
The situation is, you and several others are summoned by a court to act as a jury. Your actions will determine the fate of a single person. Below, are several witness reports and details about the case. Unlike traditional juries, this one is based on majority vote, and not a full agreement.

CA1 - Case Information

On 6/11/12, the victim, Jacob Marley, was found dead at 12:16 AM on a beach. The suspect, Terry Cho, was arrested after a witness, Belinda Jefferson, claimed that she saw him fleeing the scene. It was a cold night, reaching record breaking low temperatures. There was no snow or rain.

There is a modest amount of evidence stacking against Mr. Cho, including the suspected murder weapon and a ticked-off sensor set up by Douglas King. Additionally, sound evidence exists, from a random jogger, who happened to be recording the scenery.

Colt M1911 - An old .45 handgun found in Cho's possession, covered in his hand-prints, apparently passed down from relatives who participated in the war. It doesn't appear to be maintained well, but there are 4 rounds missing. When the weapon was recovered, the hammer had broken out, making it impossible to fire any shots.

Line Sensor - Set up by Douglas King's grandson, line sensors were spread out among the beach to search for beached sea creatures. When triggered, these sensors send the current date, time and location to Mr. King's public server. Inside the server, 1 sensor was triggered, marking the time at 12:03 AM, where the crime had occurred. Once a sensor has triggered, it must be reset in position to work again.

Camera Recording - Sent from his phone, Walton Walker had recorded sounds of a single gunshot at 12:01 AM. Walton claims that he was recording the moon's changing at night, leaving his camera on the ground to observe the moon. Walter claims to have thought that the gunfire was a late firecracker, probably saved by some mischievous child. Walter was confirmed to be watching the moon from 11:52 PM to 1:48 AM, as he was on the camera the whole entire time.

Cho's Phone - Cho's phone was found at the beach, next to Mr. Marley's body. From the data extracted, it was apparent that a 911 call was executed, but it was confirmed service for all phones were blocked at night from 10:52 PM to 2:58 AM.

Victim's Autopsy - The victim was found with a single bullet wound that had gone straight through the lung, piercing his winter's jacket and laptop bag he carried on his back. It is suspected that the victim had lived a few minutes before his eventual death. He died when he drowned in his own blood. The bullet has been suspected to be lost at sea.

CA2 - Belinda's Testimony

J: So Belinda, what happened last night?
W: Last night at around 10:30 PM, instead of drinking, Cho said that he was heading back home.
J: But wait a minute, what do you mean? Do you two know each other?
W: Cho and I both worked for Mr. Marley. He was my co-worker.
J: What do you two do for a living?
W: We're both real-estate agents working under the same office.
J: Oh, real estate. I remember doing that wh-
B: Sir, please try and focus.
J: Oh, Mr. Bailiff. Forgive me witness, please carry on.
W: Well, before the event, I was being promoted for my excellent work.
W: Afterwards, Cho took me to a bar for a party.
J: Is that all you remember?
W: Yes, and I called my mom afterwards about my achievement.

L: Witness, how do you know it was Cho who had killed the victim?
W: Well mister lawyer, I saw Cho running back to the bar, with blood on his hands.
P: As you can see, lawyer, the killer is quite obvious.
L: How is it obvious? How do you know that the blood was the victim's?
P: Shouldn't it be obvious? Why wouldn't a killer check if his victim had lived?
L: But if he was really the killer, wouldn't he have washed his hands?
P: Obviously, Mr. Cho isn't as intelligent as most killers are.
L: But that's assumin-
J: SILENCE YOU TWO! Must you two continue bickering? Can't you see the poor crying witness?
*The Witness is crying, and she appears to be scared*
J: Good, now you've made her cry. I call for a 15 minute break!

END

CA3 - King's Testimony

J: Are you Douglas King, the witness of this case?
W: Yes your honor.
J: Please, Mr. King, tell me what you saw last night.
W: Last night, at 12:03 PM, one of my detectors were triggered.
J: Detectors? You mean the line sensors?
W: Correct. The way the creator set it, it plays an extremely loud noise whenever a line is tripped.
J: So before then, you were asleep?
W: Yes, yes I was. The annoying trap awoken me, and I decided to take a look outside.
J: So what did you see?
W: When I took a step outside, I saw 2 figures in the dark, on the beach.
J: And then what happened?
W: Well, since I wear glasses, I could only see two blobs in the shadow.
J: So what did you see?
W: I heard a loud bang, two actually.
J: Two? The report said th-
B: Sir, the victim was shot once. It was probably just a 2nd shot, you know, for precaution?
J: Really? Hm, that makes sense. But really, who woul-
W: Um, are we done here sir?
J: Oh, I forgot. Please continue.
W: Well, there were two shots. I'm guessing that one missed, but the figure closer to my house fell backwards.
J: Your house?
W: Well, yeah. My house is up on the beach. It was facing the beach. I'm surprised I wasn't hit.
J: That sounds awful, it would've been bad if you were hit by a stray bullet.
W: That's true, but after the 2nd shot, I ran back in my house.

P: You claim that the man fell backwards towards your house. Did you mean that he fell, to the beach?
W: No, I meant it. He fell backwards, towards the direction of my house.
P: But that's impossible. If he fell towards your house, then that changes everything. Are you sure?
W: Yes, I'm pretty sure. I don't doubt my vision, I can still see shapes and figures.
P: Really? Are you absolutely sure, by the line of your life?
L: Oh please, now the prosecutor is harassing the witness.
P: Harassing? This isn't harassment, this is finding the truth. What YOU do, is harassment.
L: Oh please, at least I don't threaten people with vio-
J: Please, OH PLEASE! Stop this bickering! 5 minute break, and infractions, BOTH OF YOU!

CA4 - Cho's Testimony

J: So, you must be Cho.
W: Yes, honor. I am Terry Cho.
J: So, Mr. Cho, I take it that you're new to this country?
W: Oh, yes. I come from Taiwon.
J: Taiwon? You know, my wife has relatives in China, do you kn-
B: Um, Mr. Judge, Taiwan isn't in China.
J: Really?
B: Yeah, it's an island lo-
W: Taiwan isn't China, you imbecile.
J: Oh, how harsh.
B: Sorry Judge, but I think you deserved it.
J: You too?

*5 Minute Recuperation*

J: So, what's your story, Mr. Cho?
W: Well, after great day at work, I decided to go to a bar.
W: I invited some people, including Belinda.
J: So, you were sober, right?
W: Yes, do you think Cho drink after work? Do you?!
J: Please, calm down Mr. Cho. So, what happened next?
W: I tell Belinda, cheer up, and I take walk outside for air.
J: A walk for 2 hours?
W: Of course, my phone stop working. I went to find reception.
J: Really now? What about the body?
W: I walked around, and I saw a body on beach. I give him my phone because he still breathing.
W: I check his wound and lay him down. Then I run back to bar to use line-phone.
J: Is that it?
W: On way back, I see Belinda near bar. She still seems sad, but happier.

L: Well, everything he says is quite accurate, don't you think?
P: Of course, but at what times?
L: Do they matter? It's quite obvious, that he's telling the truth.
P: That's what they all say.
L: Really? There's still a large time-gap between 12:01 and 12:16.
P: Well, it could've taken some time to locate him, right?
L: 14 minutes is a long time, and the other witness confirmed it. There could've been another killer.
P: Impossible. It has to be Cho, no matter what way you look at it.
L: How so?
P: Well, why would Cho hand the man a phone, knowing that it doesn't work?
L: Because in the case it'd start working, maybe?
P: I don't know, I find it a bit suspicious, don't you, Mr. Bailiff?
B: Hey, don't involve me here.
P: It's obvious what Cho's motive was. He was jealous of the girl's promotion, and decided to kill his boss.
W: Wait, what? B-
L: That's no good reason. Who would kill their boss over that?
J: ENOUGH! Bailiffs, make your votes.

END

Make your vote, and choose the killer. Despite how obvious they are, remember, the killer may not be who you think it is.

Ash
July 30th, 2012, 07:30 PM
blasphemy, i'm detective and i watched cho, he didn't visit bob marley.

krixi
August 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I believe Cho is innocent. Killer is more likely to hide and his testimony fits facts and Belinda's story.

I don't think Belinda killed her boss. She might be using occasion to get a promotion and eventually she had persuaded someone else to kill her boss.

Walker is suspicious. Recording moon for more than 2 hours while there's extremely cold is weird by itself, but he also recorded himself on the camera. It's like seeking alibi and time can be set differently from actual in device setups. Time stamps doesn't meet with King's testimony too. Sensor's sound is not mentioned to be recorded on video.

King is my second suspect. He claims he had witnessed murder on the beach, then ran into house. He mentioned 2 shots, but echo is possible. He didn't say anything about calling police/ambulance or seeking help for victim. Wasn't curious enough to look through window.

I would vote it's Walker.

Nick
August 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Killer Hippie

Pokemon Trainer Red
August 11th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Phoenix Wright has another case to solve doesn't he?

Nick
August 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Camera don't record sounds. And phone service is unavailable at 12.01AM.

CmG
August 11th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Duh he typed 911 in the phone so he really gave him his phone. Makes cho somewhat more believable also when he came from Taiwan not very long ago. he had like 0 motive to kill his boss. He didn't even recognized him. Also TaiWON people have no 1911colt pistols from their relatives.

I bet it was the guy with the sensors because le chef wanted to buy the fucking estate from him and that fag refused. The gun was his and the house was in his possesion for generations. Also the shot was recorded at 12:01 and the sensor triggered at 12:03. Probably where the second shot hit the victim.

Belinda got promoted. WHY SHOOT BOSS?

I say it was king. the veteran xD

If the hippy was some psychopathic moron who likes to record his victims. THEN THIS WHOLE CASE IS SHIAT!

cookies4you
August 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Here's your solution.

CmG is right, the killer was King, the Veteran.

King had sensors set up around his house to detect for beached wales. However, isn't it strange that only one sensor was set off?

The sensors were set to trigger once they were knocked over, and yet, only a single set was knocked over. Additionally, the crime scene was near a local house.

If I had a choice, I'd avoid houses while taking a walk around the beach. The only reason why Cho would go towards a house is if he saw a strange object or scene. In this case, he saw a corpse. He wouldn't had gone straight through a single path, going right next to a home if he was walking. He saw a body, and he ran to it.

Belinda was being promoted, so that rules her motive.

King had said he heard two shots and the victim fell towards his house. However, at night, this is impossible. He claims that he saw two blobs, and without his glasses, his vision should be terrible.

King also said something he shouldn't have. King said he heard two shots, while the camera only recorded one. The truth is, King had fired two shots at the victim. The first shot was fired in King's own house. Killed before the hippy started recording, this shot was not recorded.

The 2nd shot occurred when the man woke up, seemingly from the dead. He ran out the door, running towards the sea for some odd reason. King, detecting the sensor, awoken to kill him. At this range, he fired a shot at the man, and he missed. At this time, the Hippy had been recording his video.

Since the original bullet had been disposed of, King attempted to create an alibi for himself. Seeing the man known as Cho, he watched him run towards the body. Since the sensor had already been triggered by the dead man, King used this to back himself up.

The final piece of evidence you should know about, is Cho's gun. Cho's M1911 fires .45 ACP rounds. These rounds are bigger than the 9MM counterparts fired by another handgun such as a Glock.

While 9MM rounds fly straight through the body, a .45 ACP round would've impacted and lodged itself in the victim's lung. This occurs because a .45 ACP round is heavier than a typical 9MM round. This gives the bullet a considerably larger amount of stopping power.

The victim's injury should have been more than enough proof that Cho was innocent. However, as these people live strangely corrupted world where Mayors have more votes than normal people, I'm not really surprised.

Tipzntrix
August 17th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I would have said Belinda honestly. She had no story about the time that Marley was killed, she claims to have called her mom after to talk about it (phones were down AND there was a murder that just took place and she talks to her mom about a promotion?), and Cho says she was very very sad throughout the bar experience, so the promotion thing could have been a lie.

"W: I tell Belinda, cheer up, and I take walk outside for air."

This is before Marley was even killed. Why would she need to cheer up?

It's not like there was evidence for King to kill him either. I can create a story about having a rival business or something, but there was nothing in the evidence to give him a motive either.