PDA

View Full Version : Kids and Nubs are ruining this game

Brodersen
April 25th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Kids host: They only want lots of killers (3-4 mafia + serial killer + Arsonist + Witch + 2 random any).

Ive played a game today where SIX people died first night.
Every kid just wants to be killer and win, so they make the game so. If they become citizen or something boring they just leave, or leave when they die.

Nub Host: Even a bigger problem than kids. They take FOREVER to start a game or they fuck up some settings. Sometimes you have to repick over and over and over until either people start leaving after 3min wait or crap game starts, or until you get really lucky and someone experience becomes host.

Nubs also ruins the gameplay if too many becomes town. As a good player you want to tell them it is necessary to work together, its necessesary for sherif/investigator to tell what they discover. Its necessesary to sometimes random vote, just to hear people out, and hear their role.
You also need to tell them that if nothing happens each day, the evil roles just keep killing.

PROBLEM IS: As soon as you try to tell them this, or you try open your mouth to set up a plan or start sharing your suspecion, the killer roles immediately wants to silence you, and you die the next night.
PROBLEM IS: You cant many anonymous messages to share your suspecions or teach new people how to play.

squall55
April 25th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Actually I think to say "Nubs also ruins the gameplay" because you might know that you can'T be experienced in Every game.

And for the Kids-Reason... well I can perfectly understand why a kid (also an adult) doesn't want to play Citizen or Survivor, because your Influence on the game is quite little... Also Mason is very similar, as I experienced no real strong Masons so far (only playing for a week or so) as they never leave a will or anything to protect the other Masons..

If you don't want to play with inexperienced Players, don't play in Public games... thats all!

Clawtrocity
April 25th, 2011, 07:30 AM
You act as if being host is random. The person who created the game is going to be the host of the game and be able to change options. If you want to play the game your own way then go ahead and create your own game. I had the same problem so I host my own games from now on.

Dark.Revenant
April 25th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Clawtrocity is correct. Also, when you repick, it starts with the guy with the most (or close to it) points and eventually works down to the guys with 0.

Eldrazor
April 25th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Get friends and play with them.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
April 25th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Play in parties, do privates from mafia channel. do it faget. It's usually how Rev hosts his games.

thisismyname
April 25th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I think a random tip (or a few) should be posted for noobs at startup, such as:

-USE THE LAST WILL to clear your town buddies when you are roles such as mason, sheriff, investigator, etc. Don't just say useless dumb crap or be silent.
-Make sure you consider that there is a Jester in the game before you clear somebody who shows up as "not suspicious".
-Masons are NOT a useless role....they have great voting power.
-Remember that a consigliere can fake as an investigator.
-YOU CANNOT win as town by just standing around waiting to get picked off. Random lynch if necessary if nobody produces leads.

I've seen the mafia win the last several games in a row now because people keep making mistakes like these.

icarus
April 25th, 2011, 03:12 PM

I would write it like this :

-Masons are NOT a useless role....they have great voting power (please believeme im not on drugs!)

thisismyname
April 25th, 2011, 10:13 PM

I would write it like this :

-Masons are NOT a useless role....they have great voting power (please believeme im not on drugs!)

Maybe you're the one on drugs dude...

How are masons useless when they can basically vouch for each other and rule themselves out from lynching right off the bat? They can also call out anyone trying to pretend to be a mason. So...yeah, they have pretty damn good voting power. Only bad thing about masons is when a Random Townie ends up being a lone mason, and yes; that would be useless.

Spies, on the other hand, have been a completely useless role so far...

Elixir
April 25th, 2011, 10:28 PM
An idea I saw before on maf chat was to have the spy see who the maf targets with their abilities, but not chat... so the spy could see who the framer was to frame for example.