PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 ISSUES:

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I come back and I can't even respond to the thread now.

1.5 isn't coming out this year. If it does, it will be more months--MONTHS. It's been 6 already.

Do something about the issue in the meantime or wait while everything turns to more shit. That's it. This has nothing to do with me personally. I'm making a suggestion for DR and those who moderate. If all hands really are tied, well then: it's fucked. More loyal, talented players will quit, more newbies will come and get hated on for trying to learn to play and probably get banned for breaking rules they didn't know existed, more cheaters will consume games, and that will be that.

- Stacked punishments do not make sense. Especially for those who've been sitting on KV and ban for way longer than necessary.

- In-game moderation isn't possible. Far too many games going on. And if you get kicked from one game for cheating in front of a mod, big deal, rejoin.

- Mods: you are Nazis. I just accumulated two infractions from Raptorblaze for reasons I don't even know and one of my replies get deleted which didn't even contain a curse word (much less the word: "penis"... how ridiculous are we?) as he was trying to cover his ass--I forwarded it to DR anyway. But, of course, I know you're immune to punishment, because you're "highly productive" with reports... reports that do nothing now and will continue to do nothing for quite some time.

- Worst "crime" is NOT 'skyping' or 'gamethrowing' or 'grieving' or 'points hacking' at this point. It's lagging the game to un-playability in its various methods to do so. Yet, nothing can be done about that despite it ruining a game far more than anything else can.

It sounds to me mods are more concerned with making a name for themselves that properly managing the game and the forums. People get punished before rules are even clarified. Players try to get involved in the community and get chastised and criticized immediately without even knowing what they just did. There's no clarity on anything. Every time I see a mod type about the "rules", I think about all the rules mods break and ignore for whatever selected-agenda reasons.

I just made a thread for the community to get involved in and it didn't even last a few hours. No one from the active gaming community on SC2 who wasn't a mod got to read and respond. Trolls infested, I was immediately "punished" with "infractions" for typing "penis" and "having an attitude" (which I don't even have, unless by this you mean I'm in a wonderful mood), and one of my replies was deleted by a mod being called out, and my thread was locked by that very mod.

Did that not make a perfect point about the apathy and "Nazi-like" mentality players complain about? This is why all the best players on SC2 don't even come here. They don't even use the forums. They play and bond and enjoy. They're not concerned with seeking attention or having the dominant ego.

But there I go, beside the point, responding as far as I'm willing to from my "closed thread", which in reality, I only had one point:

- 1.5 isn't coming out this year. $100 Paypal. Anyone willing to bet? I'm a man of my word if you bet me.

- Suggestion: revert to the previous format earlier this year to be able to manage kv and ban once again. I know for a fact this isn't impossible.

If anyone really wants to get personal, my name is Brandt.
I live in the Phoenix apts. @ 5555 E. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75206
Feel free to visit me anytime. I'll teach you how to play SC2 Mafia.
I'd leave my Facebook too, but I believe some of you have some very serious issues and I'd rather not get dragged into them.

And no, I'm not mad/angry/frustrated/sad/dumb/child/black/gay/ugly; I could care less what anyone types in a video game or on a web site regarding anything personal/insulting or attempt-to-be-personal/insulting. I'm stating a problem and suggesting work for it to be solved.

I just don't believe it when anyone says there's nothing that can be done. By the time 1.5 comes out, many will have quit and moved onto other things. Why let the community die off and such a popular and innovative game die down in the meantime?

I have literally nothing else to say. Feel free to "infract" and "warn" me and "close" this thread all you want. If I find this deleted later, I can see how vain it is trying to seek solutions to problems here.

kyle1234513
July 24th, 2012, 06:46 PM
jesus christ man take a chill pill, mods want to help us they really do, those "benfits and names" you talk about are 3rd or 4th on their list at best. ur concerns are noted and can be done with much fewer words. as for when 1.5 will come out, it could be tomorrow for all u know. it could also be 6months. u just dont know cuz blizzard hasnt released the info yet. and yes, all ur hopes and dreams of fixes will come out with 1.5 in the mean time enjoy the game and all its glory or just dont play it. it really is that simple, getting angry over a game never solved anything

Ash
July 24th, 2012, 06:49 PM
dont use penis use PINGAS

Cryptonic
July 24th, 2012, 06:50 PM
lol his name is Brandt

Cryptonic
July 24th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Xen, post a signed pic pls
have it say

1.5 sux - Xen

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 06:52 PM
jesus christ man take a chill pill, mods want to help us they really do, those "benfits and names" you talk about are 3rd or 4th on their list at best. ur concerns are noted and can be done with much fewer words. as for when 1.5 will come out, it could be tomorrow for all u know. it could also be 6months. u just dont know cuz blizzard hasnt released the info yet. and yes, all ur hopes and dreams of fixes will come out with 1.5 in the mean time enjoy the game and all its glory or just dont play it. it really is that simple, getting angry over a game never solved anything

"it could also be 6months"

This is my point. 6 months is a long time. Continue with the chaos or fix it so we can all enjoy the game fully again for 6 months? Which seems the wiser?

There are players who use accounts specifically to ruin every game they're in in various ways. They do this knowing there are no consequences. Once 1.5 comes out, they will use another account. This is the biggest reason I bring this up: because there are MANY of these players and it's relentless--an every day, most every game occurrence. Most players aren't even aware, because they just don't know the game well enough or how to spot it, much less care for reviewing a replay and submitting.

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Xen, post a signed pic pls
have it say

1.5 sux - Xen

K.

Lysergic
July 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM
You got infracted for breaking the seventh rule in THIS (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/10235-Mafia-Discussion-Rules-*READ-THIS-FIRST*) sticky and got warned for insulting other members. Several other people who were insulting you were also infracted.

The forum rules are in a sticky at the top of the page. This thread is breaking the exact same rule you broke before, so I wouldn't be surprised if you got another infraction for that. It's not my section, so I won't be issuing it.

I've stated multiple times that DR can't do anything. I'm done talking about it; if you prefer to PM about this with DR, that would probably be more appropriate anyway.

kyle1234513
July 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM
personally...... i say remove all those god damn glowy shiny gold boxes to make room for more script changes

=D anyone with me?

but literally, there is so little that can be done to take action against these players, we want to do stuff to impede/stop them but theres nothing that can be done. what you suffer from is actually known as "completley totaly blizzards fault syndrome" and ur unaware of it

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 07:02 PM
You got infracted for breaking the seventh rule in THIS (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/10235-Mafia-Discussion-Rules-*READ-THIS-FIRST*) sticky and got warned for insulting other members. Several other people who were insulting you were also infracted.

The forum rules are in a sticky at the top of the page. This thread is breaking the exact same rule you broke before, so I wouldn't be surprised if you got another infraction for that. It's not my section, so I won't be issuing it.

I've stated multiple times that DR can't do anything. I'm done talking about it; if you prefer to PM about this with DR, that would probably be more appropriate anyway.

Right. Beside the point. There you go again. I don't care. I DO NOT CARE. I CARE ABOUT THE PROBLEM I AM ADDRESSING. BAN ME, PLEASE. BAN, PLEASE, GO, NAZI, GO!

I called you a Nazi! That was an insult! Nazis are bad, right? So that makes it an insult, right?

BAN, HURRY!

Why am I even responding? Oh yeah... I'm an idiot. Fail. =(

Ash
July 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Right. Beside the point. There you go again. I don't care. I DO NOT CARE. I CARE ABOUT THE PROBLEM I AM ADDRESSING. BAN ME, PLEASE. BAN, PLEASE, GO, NAZI, GO!

I called you a Nazi! That was an insult! Nazis are bad, right? So that makes it an insult, right?

BAN, HURRY!

Why am I even responding? Oh yeah... I'm an idiot. Fail. =(
the transformation is beginning in raptorblaze.
he is the next akira/kevinpowers wanna-be.
its a chain,
its something that not even DR can stop.
he thinks nazis are an insult, maybe because he is a irl jew. so dont call jews 'nazis'. lesson learned, right?

Raptorblaze
July 24th, 2012, 07:06 PM
1: Quote what rules were broken in each infraction given
2: Get accused of giving infraction for no reason anyway|
Yep I think I'm done here. Take your issues to site discussion please, you have issues with management and moderation staff and the rules for maf disc specifically state it is not the place to air such issues. This is the last warning, if you continue to post inappropriate and rule violating material in mafia discussion you WILL receive a temporary ban. In the interest of solving this manually, I'm moving this to Site Disc instead of closing it this time.

Btw for transparency's sake... here is the infraction.
Post: [Suggestion] You're bad at what you do. Here's a suggestion...
User: Xen
Infraction: Board Rules Violation

Administrative Note:
Read the rules

Message to User:
5. Do not attack other members. Pointing out flaws in an argument is fine but keep it civil. This ties in with rule 1.

7. If you have a problem with a moderator, file a report or pm management. Do not call out staff members in Mafia Discussion.

While I'm at it quick explanation:
WE DO NOT CONTROL THE MAP
The map and its script is solely the domain of Dark.Revenant, if he refuses to update the map we cannot do anything about the lists. So before you go around attacking the people who are still processing reports and taking heat from members for their extended lists, try talking to us first. We're doing all we can at the moment.

Original Post:
SC2 Mafia is more of a mess than it's ever been.

Mods: it is your fault.

There are no consequences anymore and everyone knows this, even random pubs.

Players have been on watch, kv, and ban lists for months.

Blame 1.5 all you want, but the fact is: there is no 1.5. Can't blame what doesn't exist.

-lw failsc2mafia

If the "script" really is "full", delete shit, so this game can be managed once again. I've played games lately where almost the entire game is is just cheating and gamethrowing and typing about how it doesn't matter and nothing is going to happen. They're right too. I could report all the games I recorded. Nothing will happen.

-suggestion forget 1.5, go back to how things were by giving players a point to report people for legitimately ruining games

Lysergic
July 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM
the transformation is beginning in lysergic.
he is the next akira/kevinpowers wanna-be.
its a chain,
its something that not even DR can stop.
he thinks nazis are an insult, maybe because he is a irl jew. so dont call jews 'nazis'. lesson learned, right?

Lawl. Yeah, I'm totally like Kevinpowers, since I'm the only new mod who has yet to give out an infraction, and has been rationally trying to address Xen's issues in two different threads for around 4 hours now. xD

AppleyNO
July 24th, 2012, 07:08 PM
/thread ?

Ash
July 24th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Lawl. Yeah, I'm totally like Kevinpowers, since I'm the only new mod who has yet to give out an infraction, and has been rationally trying to address Xen's issues in two different threads for around 4 hours now. xD
i said raptorblaze not lysergic. stop framing me for lies.

creedkingsx
July 24th, 2012, 07:10 PM
It's funny because you expect us to do something when we have no capacity to do anything.
It's literally like if I told you to get pregnant.
Not.
Fucking.
Possible.
So calm down and try to do something yourself in the community.
Report players straight to Blizzard who have a hell of a lot more control than us.
Talk to people and convince them that they are wasting their time for no good reason.
Start In house games with invite only.

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 07:11 PM
"1. No lame insults. "Faggot", "Nigger", etc. are not acceptable. If you must insult someone, keep it classy.
2. No trolling, save it for circlejerk.
3. Stay on topic, if you get into a discussion that's too far off topic start a new thread.
4. No spamming the forum or threads.
5. Do not attack other members. Pointing out flaws in an argument is fine but keep it civil. This ties in with rule 1.
6. Do not post about things which are not related specifically to the mafia game.
7. If you have a problem with a moderator, file a report or pm management. Do not call out staff members in Mafia Discussion.
8. Nudity is banned. No exceptions.
9. Illegal activities are banned, as is their promotion (linking to sites which explain how to or distribute products of said activities)
10. No advertisement."

I just read these.

I laughed.

These are broken all the time. And this is a forum for a video game... FOR A VIDEO GAME.

Once again, what does "trolling" even mean? I'm called a troll all the time for playing the SC2 Mafia and typing joking and misleading things. I type joking things on bnet all the time; been doing that for 15+ years. I do it here too. I'm called a "troll". My last thread was being accused of "trolling". And I see people get called "trolls" for cheating or for spamming or for insulting people on a wannabe-personal level while hiding behind a computer. Dictionary definition, please. Not Urban though.

Raptorblaze
July 24th, 2012, 07:13 PM
"1. No lame insults. "Faggot", "Nigger", etc. are not acceptable. If you must insult someone, keep it classy.
2. No trolling, save it for circlejerk.
3. Stay on topic, if you get into a discussion that's too far off topic start a new thread.
4. No spamming the forum or threads.
6. Do not post about things which are not related specifically to the mafia game.
8. Nudity is banned. No exceptions.
9. Illegal activities are banned, as is their promotion (linking to sites which explain how to or distribute products of said activities)
10. No advertisement."

I just read these.

I laughed.

These are broken all the time. And this is a forum for a video game... FOR A VIDEO GAME.

Once again, what does "trolling" even mean? I'm called a troll all the time for playing the SC2 Mafia and typing joking and misleading things. I type joking things on bnet all the time; been doing that for 15+ years. I do it here too. I'm called a "troll". My last thread was being accused of "trolling". And I see people get called "trolls" for cheating or for spamming or for insulting people on a wannabe-personal level while hiding behind a computer. Dictionary definition, please. Not Urban though.

Trolling is purposely trying to incite arguments and anger in other members. Your problem isn't the trolling, you keep breaking rule 7. I've moved it to the appropriate section so you shouldn't have any more issues with that though.

The rules are also new and specifically for Mafia Discussion.

Lysergic
July 24th, 2012, 07:14 PM
i said raptorblaze not lysergic. stop framing me for lies.

Last edited by Ash; 2 Minutes Ago at 02:10 AM.

xP

These are broken all the time.

For the most part, they're new rules. There were big changes in staff over the weekend, and the new rules are in response to users on the site having issues with rules not being clearly stated.

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 07:14 PM
It's funny because you expect us to do something when we have no capacity to do anything.
It's literally like if I told you to get pregnant.
Not.
Fucking.
Possible.
So calm down and try to do something yourself in the community.
Report players straight to Blizzard who have a hell of a lot more control than us.
Talk to people and convince them that they are wasting their time for no good reason.
Start In house games with invite only.

It has to be possible.

THE GAME HAS NOT CHANGED AT ALL FROM EARLIER THIS YEAR EXCEPT FOR SOME ADDITIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS.

It was possible to moderate before. Remove the added achievements. It is an acceptable sacrifice. That's why that last thread was here and not another PM to DR. Why not take a vote? Why not spend a couple weeks doing it and referring people to here. See who is willing to let the achievements go for moderation again, then do it. Something, anything.

"fuck it til 1.5" has been the consensus for half a year now. Does another half a year without 1.5 have to go on until something is done? I know I will have quit playing this by then if things are like this the entire meantime.

Ash
July 24th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Last edited by Ash; 2 Minutes Ago at 02:10 AM.

xP

For the most part, they're new rules. There were big changes in staff over the weekend, and the new rules are in response to users on the site having issues with rules not being clearly stated.
omg u know what ive had enough of ur trollingness im contacting falsetruth,claw,muso,oops,dr,archangel,burnteskimo ,plasma,admiral,auckmid,yayap,luna, etc. to troll u 24/7

creedkingsx
July 24th, 2012, 07:17 PM
It has to be possible.

THE GAME HAS NOT CHANGED AT ALL FROM EARLIER THIS YEAR EXCEPT FOR SOME ADDITIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS.

It is like you literally refuse to listen.
BUG FIXES AND PEOPLE KEPT GETTING BANNED.
They already removed Watch list from in game and Tutorial mode from in game in order to free up space for people like you who got reported multiple times from that point on.

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Yep, about 4 hours ago was when I typed that. It was closed. No one worth a fuck got to join in. It usually takes days for a topic to pick up on a significant level here. You gave it no more than 4 hours, yet, all the stupid irrelevant shit that's posted here daily by newbies, etc. remain. A serious issue affecting absolutely everyone is closed within 4 hours. I wasn't even home when it was closed. That's incredibly sad. Closing a thread is rational? This is considered a rational address?

You: "Hey, I have a gun. See? *holds gun* Here, I'm pointing it at you. *aims gun at me* Stop talking or I'll shoot you."
Me: ...

That's what just took place.

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 07:19 PM
omg u know what ive had enough of ur trollingness im contacting falsetruth,claw,muso,oops,dr,archangel,burnteskimo ,plasma,admiral,auckmid,yayap,luna, etc. to troll u 24/7

Ironically, most of those players are great players. Most all are banned in some way.

Raptorblaze
July 24th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Yep, about 4 hours ago was when I typed that. It was closed. No one worth a fuck got to join in. It usually takes days for a topic to pick up on a significant level here. You gave it no more than 4 hours, yet, all the stupid irrelevant shit that's posted here daily by newbies, etc. remain. A serious issue affecting absolutely everyone is closed within 4 hours. I wasn't even home when it was closed. That's incredibly sad. Closing a thread is rational? This is considered a rational address?

You: "Hey, I have a gun. See? *holds gun* Here, I'm pointing it at you. *aims gun at me* Stop talking or I'll shoot you."

I closed it because it was quickly devolving into flaming, and was not in the appropriate place. Feel free to carry on the discussion in this section.

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Site discussion? Fucking site discussion?

This is about STARCRAFT 2 MAFIA, not sc2mafia.com

Okay, you win--who all you are and whatever all you are, gg. Nazis overwhelming. Fuck it til 1.5--way to go.

Lysergic
Yep, about 4 hours ago was when I typed that. It was closed. No one worth a fuck got to join in. It usually takes days for a topic to pick up on a significant level here. You gave it no more than 4 hours, yet, all the stupid irrelevant shit that's posted here daily by newbies, etc. remain.

I didn't close your thread. Notice how I was actively trying to promote the discussion, and discouraging people from just flaming you? Notice how I'm not mod of the section that you posted the thread in? I had nothing to do with it being closed, so don't try to pin that on me please.

A serious issue affecting absolutely everyone is closed within 4 hours. I wasn't even home when it was closed. That's incredibly sad. Closing a thread is rational? This is considered a rational address?

Again, didn't close the thread. I guess you just are really determined to be angry at me, though. That's cool.

Cryptonic
all y'all niggas postin' in a troll topic

Raptorblaze
July 24th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Site discussion? Fucking site discussion?

This is about STARCRAFT 2 MAFIA, not sc2mafia.com

Okay, you win--who all you are and whatever all you are, gg. Nazis overwhelming. Fuck it til 1.5--way to go.

You have no issues with the map, you have issues with the people managing the map. aka Mod Staff and Dark Rev. Your discussion should be specifically with HIM. Yelling at mod staff helps 0% because there is literally nothing we can do at this point. We are still processing reports, and patrolling games. Beyond that ANY issues you have are solely with DarkRevenant.

Trust me when i say we are doing everything we can to keep the map alive and well.

Ash
July 24th, 2012, 07:25 PM
if i was a mod, i would say 'fuck u xen if u argue with me once more in this thread i will perma ban u mothafucka, lets start a thread in circlejerk so we can fight'

just saying.

Xen
personally...... i say remove all those god damn glowy shiny gold boxes to make room for more script changes

=D anyone with me?

but literally, there is so little that can be done to take action against these players, we want to do stuff to impede/stop them but theres nothing that can be done. what you suffer from is actually known as "completley totaly blizzards fault syndrome" and ur unaware of it

With KV and ban, no it isn't. These inspire players, no matter how young, to learn from their mistakes (so long as they're legitimately put on one or the other).

creedkingsx
Bullshit. You closed it, because you're concerned about your reputation and you used privileged force to do so. I don't care who or how many "flame" ("flame"? that's just another word like "troll" that means nothing). Trolls gonna troll, flamers gonna flame. Let them and ignore while you get on to the matters at hand.

Point taken though. Give up and wait and let things get worse for a long time. "4 hours" put to good use.

The thread was producing no useful conversation, like this one. ^^
We can't do anything about anything for reasons you refuse to use your 3rd grade reading skills to read.
/thread.

Raptorblaze
July 24th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Bullshit. You closed it, because you're concerned about your reputation and you used privileged force to do so. I don't care who or how many "flame" ("flame"? that's just another word like "troll" that means nothing). Trolls gonna troll, flamers gonna flame. Let them and ignore while you get on to the matters at hand.

Point taken though. Give up and wait and let things get worse for a long time. "4 hours" put to good use.

If that was how i felt about it I could have deleted the thread and hidden the whole mess away :) There's nothing embarrassing in any way to me in that thread or this one because all I am doing is enforcing rules which have been clearly posted. If you don't like the rules you are not being forced to stay here. Have a nice day.

Raptorblaze
July 24th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I also infracted the people who were baiting you into more rage and flame btw.

Ash
July 24th, 2012, 07:30 PM
If you don't like the rules you are not being forced to stay here. Have a nice day.
Fuck you.
I'm sick of that phrase and you just baited me into saying that, please punish yourself.

Xen
July 24th, 2012, 07:34 PM
It is like you literally refuse to listen.
BUG FIXES AND PEOPLE KEPT GETTING BANNED.
They already removed Watch list from in game and Tutorial mode from in game in order to free up space for people like you who got reported multiple times from that point on.

If I'm getting reported, it's not for breaking rules, so it's sure not for me. I don't cheat, period. Interpret whatever all you want like what happened that put my main account on KV just in time to get stuck for half a year waiting for 1.5. But considering how many who do cheat and DON'T get reported and know NOTHING will happen to them currently even if they do, playing private vs. public games sure sounds a lot more appealing.

And I don't like that it sounds more appealing. I like how things were: legitimate and capable of being moderated in a practical way.

Even if you stack reports against players and start dealing out punishments, there are appeals (despite how they sure seem to be ignored) that you have to deal with. If you really want to get real and compare this to "real world", then you'd give people a more trial-like scenario, presenting their defense before throwing players on watch, kv, and ban. (Even though this really 'innocent til proven guilty' isn't really a "real world" scenario... it should be, hence, my point.)

creedkingsx
July 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
If I'm getting reported, it's not for breaking rules, so it's sure not for me. I don't cheat, period. Interpret whatever all you want like what happened that put my main account on KV just in time to get stuck for half a year waiting for 1.5. But considering how many who do cheat and DON'T get reported and know NOTHING will happen to them currently even if they do, playing private vs. public games sure sounds a lot more appealing.

And I don't like that it sounds more appealing. I like how things were: legitimate and capable of being moderated in a practical way.

Even if you stack reports against players and start dealing out punishments, there are appeals (despite how they sure seem to be ignored) that you have to deal with. If you really want to get real and compare this to "real world", then you'd give people a more trial-like scenario, presenting their defense before throwing players on watch, kv, and ban. (Even though this really 'innocent til proven guilty' isn't really a "real world" scenario... it should be, hence, my point.)

I meant you did. You got kick-vote listed after the Tutorial and Watch-list wipe.
And a lot of people do still get reported, both EU and NA, just, according to DR, if we put 1 more name on a list, it could and would break the map.
I know you are not hopeful for 1.5, and a lot of people aren't strictly based on Blizzard's entertainment, but I promise you, as a mod who once helped start up the, "Theme is Xen," phase; As soon as 1.5 does come out, things will go back to normal. The game will get updated more frequently given a 4-10x script size, and all the new role ideas that are hopeful to be implemented.
Not to mention, with such a huge increase, there is room in the future, from there, for more roles beyond that, more features, more functionality, just more everything.

Mugy
July 24th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I love this community

Yayap
July 24th, 2012, 09:57 PM
/thread before this becomes a flame war.

Elixir
July 25th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Even though this is locked here are the technical reasons our hands are tied RE lists:

1) Current Map is at the script limit. Even putting 1 more line of code in will cause the map to break on battle.net
2) We cant change the current people on the list as we have already started development and testing of 1.5 content. (shock horror) Meaning if we were to roll back our version of the map we would lose 60+ hours of work
edit: Testing on the Beta Realms.
3) This isnt something we can just 'restore from a backup'. We literally cannot change the map or the map will not work.