PDA

View Full Version : Lost points for leaving after being condemned to death

DarkSynergy
July 11th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I noticed there is a new system that deducts points for leaving too quickly after getting role. That's perfectly fine with me, as it reduces the number of players who leave due to bad role. However...

Here's where the problem comes in: I was the first player to be lynched by the town and I left the game after the guilty verdict was announced (condemning me to death by a vote of 7 to 0). Even though I was good as dead, the game still deducted my points for leaving too early in the game - just because I didnt wait until my actual execution took place.

I only lost a few points and can easily make it up, but I just wanted to point this out for future reference. The point deduction system really ought to exempt players who are doomed to die as well as players who are already dead, since being voted guilty is definitely a legitimate reason to leave and join another game (especially that early in the game).

P.S. I posted this in bug reports because it seems to be a problem with the system not achieving its purpose correctly.

Dark.Revenant
July 11th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Easy fix but not worth a version increase. I'll get around to it on the next update.