PDA

View Full Version : Shut up about "freedom of speech."

Lysergic
July 16th, 2012, 06:58 PM
This post is my own personal opinion, and does not represent the views of the moderation staff on this site.

I'm really sick of seeing people raging about "freedom of speech" every time they get an infraction.

There is no right in the U.S. constitution (or, I'm relatively sure, any constitution anywhere in the world) that allows people to say whatever they want without any type of consequence.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want anywhere without suffering any repercussions for it. If you think that, you're immature, naive, and worst of all, uniformed about your own rights.

This is the First Amendment (e.g. the "right to free speech"):

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Note how it says Congress. As in, the government cannot make a law that abridges your freedom of speech.

This is a privately owned, privately run site payed for by an individual who isn't affiliated with the government.

So please shut the fuck up about freedom of speech. If you get an infraction / ban for saying something on here, saying "freedom of speech" means NOTHING because your rights have not been violated.

Ash
July 16th, 2012, 07:02 PM
If there is no freedom of speech in this website, what else are we supposed to talk about? derp.

where in the forums does it say we can't have freedom of speech?

Lysergic
July 16th, 2012, 07:03 PM
If there is no freedom of speech in this website, what else are we supposed to talk about? derp.

I'm saying that you don't have the RIGHT to say ANYTHING on here. The fact that this site's OWNER is LETTING you post here is not a RIGHT. It's a privilege. If you abuse that privilege, you get banned.

Why don't we talk about DR's rights as a property owner? Or his rights as the guy who made this game for free for all of you to fucking enjoy?

SirBlayzalot
July 16th, 2012, 07:04 PM
The fact that there is no Free Speech in America doesn't have to do with free speech.... America is known for taking freedoms away...

Free speech is being able to say w/e you want... I believe in that.. everyone is always going to have different opinions... without this we would not be able to think for ourselves...

yes even hate is acceptable as long as there is no actions put forth... you have to understand you cannot limit free speech, because once you do people just find more and more offensive until free speech is a thing of the past... only in free speech we get discussions such as this... only in contradicting an others actions, can we really find what works... this is what makes us great as humans, and is also our greatest downfall... hence why we have religions, and also why we have atheism... Hate is attributed to ignorance, not free speech... we should not be taking their freedoms away, we should be trying to educate them and bring new light to their thought process...

but at the same time hate is good, like the hate for murder or rape, abuse of animals and children... but what is deemed appropriate to hate is all societal norms...it was deemed appropriate to hate blacks 70 years ago... it was deemed appropriate 30 years ago to hate gays, because anal sex was illegal... lately it has been deemed appropriate to hate all Muslims... hate comes in good forms and bad forms, it comes by nature or by society... but the freedom to express what you hate or what you love... is really what makes us free...

Lazers
July 16th, 2012, 07:09 PM
You're free to say whatever the fuck you want on PUBLIC property - that's freedom of speech

However while using private services or on private property, you are subject to their rules and freedom of speech does not apply

the more you know

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 07:09 PM
The fact that there is no Free Speech in America doesn't have to do with free speech.... America is known for taking freedoms away...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Lysergic
July 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Did you read the OP?

There IS free speech in America. As in, Congress (the government) cannot pass a law to infringe upon your free speech. That's what the term "free speech" means.

It has nothing to do with saying whatever you want. This is a private site; you can be banned for any fucking reason that DR wants. He OWNS the site.

My whole point is that this entire "mod abuse" debate has NOTHING to do with free speech; that's just a term that people are hiding behind to try to get away with flaming, trolling, and spamming.

Anyways, I'm really sorry that this whole thing is an issue. It really sucks that the mods (who aren't paid for what they do) and the Keepers (who don't even have any type of special power in the forums, and simply help process reports to keep SC2 Maf a fun experience - for zero pay) don't get any respect from (apparently) the vast majority of the members.

SirBlayzalot
July 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

lol if you don't believe in America tak9ing freedoms away... I suggest looking up Patriot Act, and the NDAA

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM
lol if you don't believe in America tak9ing freedoms away... I suggest looking up Patriot Act, and the NDAA

The first half of that sentence is specifically what I was talking about.

Ash
July 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Did you read the OP?

There IS free speech in America. As in, Congress (the government) cannot pass a law to infringe upon your free speech. That's what the term "free speech" means.

It has nothing to do with saying whatever you want. This is a private site; you can be banned for any fucking reason that DR wants. He OWNS the site.

My whole point is that this entire "mod abuse" debate has NOTHING to do with free speech; that's just a term that people are hiding behind to try to get away with flaming, trolling, and spamming.

Anyways, I'm really sorry that this whole thing is an issue. It really sucks that the mods (who aren't paid for what they do) and the Keepers (who don't even have any type of special power in the forums, and simply help process reports to keep SC2 Maf a fun experience - for zero pay) don't get any respect from (apparently) the vast majority of the members.
I can assume DR wants us to have free speech, or else he wouldn't have deranked KevinPowers.

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I can assume DR wants us to have free speech, or else he wouldn't have deranked KevinPowers.

They are fine with people saying whatever the fuck they want, that is why they don't use censorship over words like fuck, titties and ass. Just when it crosses a line of serious intent to put down other users, it's not okay because there is never a reason that can honestly support putting down other people.

SirBlayzalot
Did you read the OP?

Lysergic I am not arguing free speech... all I am saying is you can't be bias on what you deem appropriate and inappropriate... if you are going to have free speech do it to its entirety... but if you are going to have rules and regulations you cant have double standards... (i.e. the thread against Christianity)

f hate speech is barred... then ALL hate speech should be barred... it should not be based on the moral and value system of the moderators... it should be clear and precise and upheld by mods and members alike

Damus_Graves

There is also a line. which is why Harassment exists

Lazers
July 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Did you read the OP?

To be fair, you can't just do things behind the scenes and expect to get respect for it. I'm sure Akira does... things, somewhere? However, he's notorious for being trigger happy when he's in a pissy mood, and that's not great grounds for respect.

But you also have to know the difference between legitimate disrespect and dumbassery. If you do that you'll find that there really is no problem

Ash
July 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM
There is also a line. which is why Harassment exists
KevinPowers wasn't known for harassing. He was known for abusing his powers.

Damus_Graves
July 16th, 2012, 07:18 PM
But you also have to know the difference between legitimate disrespect and dumbassery. If you do that you'll find that there really is no problem

This

KevinPowers wasn't known for harassing. He was known for abusing his powers.
I was referring to the whole thread.

creedkingsx
Lysergic I am not arguing free speech... all I am saying is you can't be bias on what you deem appropriate and inappropriate... if you are going to have free speech do it to its entirety... but if you are going to have rules and regulations you cant have double standards... (i.e. the thread against Christianity)

f hate speech is barred... then ALL hate speech should be barred... it should not be based on the moral and value system of the moderators... it should be clear and precise and upheld by mods and members alike

You have literally one example that you can't fabricate. I remember the specific thread you are referring to, but I dont recall any moderators or admins legitimately supporting it. The actions of which the thread was referring to did not take place on this site, so, further; there was no possible control they could have had over the situation making the whole argument flawed. The person that made that thread is permanently banned, also.

Ash
To be fair, you can't just do things behind the scenes and expect to get respect for it. I'm sure Akira does... things, somewhere? However, he's notorious for being trigger happy when he's in a pissy mood, and that's not great grounds for respect.

I don't know why they expect respect. To earn respect, you HAVE to earn it. The moderator/keeper title doesn't include respect.
Respect should be equal to all.

SirBlayzalot
July 16th, 2012, 07:22 PM
You have literally one example that you can't fabricate. I remember the specific thread you are referring to, but I dont recall any moderators or admins legitimately supporting it. The actions of which the thread was referring to did not take place on this site, so, further; there was no possible control they could have had over the situation making the whole argument flawed. The person that made that thread is permanently banned, also.

it is the only one that comes to mind... and they were actively participating... although I have seen them say some rather religious/racially derogatory comments... even if just joking around, the point is the double standard...

Ash
July 16th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Harassment and Freedom of Speech are two different things.

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 07:25 PM
it is the only one that comes to mind... and they were actively participating... although I have seen them say some rather religious/racially derogatory comments... even if just joking around, the point is the double standard...

There is a difference between joking and, as I italicized, legitimately doing it. The infractions are given, as I have said multiple times before, to those who intentional intend to offend others.

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I don't know why they expect respect. To earn respect, you HAVE to earn it. The moderator/keeper title doesn't include respect.

have I earned respect :3

Lazers
July 16th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I have diarrhea

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I have diarrhea

Yay :D

SirBlayzalot
July 16th, 2012, 07:29 PM
you have my respect creed... I've never seen you game throw or abuse your mod powers at all... you actively engage in conversations that may be a bit controversial for the betterment of the members

Ash
July 16th, 2012, 07:29 PM
have I earned respect :3
Yes.

Also I hope you guys actually REALIZE that the OP of the Christianity thread had nothing to do with the flaming actions of users.
Anyone could've been the OP and get away with it. Trollzor was NEVER banned in cause of the Christianity thread. It would've still be standing right now if all his threads/posts didn't get deleted.

Nick
July 16th, 2012, 07:35 PM
SirBlayzalot believes in the ideal, which is good in a way. But your suggestions to achieve such ideals are not practical in real life, solely because real life is not ideal.

Keep the ideal goals, but adjust the other parameters.

Complicated example: Keep aiming to get humans to be cooperative, but remember that our society there exist cooperation, competition and parasitism.

Simplified example: Keep aiming for white, but remember that our society is gray in color.

Straight to the point example: Very strict regulation immediately leads to heavier workload; retaliation. To solve heavier workload and the positive feedback loop of retaliation requires increased moderation team. Increased moderation team leads to unequal workload, which breeds division. No regulation leads to loss of control and lowest common denomination. Keeping to the middle, while not ideal, is the closest possible to ideal.

Ash
July 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Straight to the point example: Very strict regulation immediately leads to heavier workload; retaliation. To solve heavier workload and the positive feedback loop of retaliation requires increased moderation team. Increased moderation team leads to unequal workload, which breeds division. No regulation leads to loss of control and lowest common denomination. Keeping to the middle, while not ideal, is the closest possible to ideal.

You lost me in the swirl of your logic. You are saying we have too much moderators? We (DR) can begin by deranking Akira.

Nick
July 16th, 2012, 07:53 PM
You lost me in the swirl of your logic. You are saying we have too much moderators? We (DR) can begin by deranking Akira.

Perfect moderation and no moderation are both no go. SirBlazaylot advocates for either.

Harassment and Freedom of Speech are two different things.

And someone explain this to him. Maybe dig up the loooong thread and analyze post by post with him.

Lysergic
July 16th, 2012, 07:58 PM

So... the Keepers don't deserve respect for... doing the reports that prevent the game from degenerating into a bunch of cheaters?

Because I have no powers to abuse. Literally the ONLY thing my "moderator" status has gotten me is 5-10 hours less of free time each month from doing reports.

Seriously; if this is how people view the mods on this site, I really don't see the reason in continuing to be staff.

Damus_Graves
July 16th, 2012, 08:00 PM
So... the Keepers don't deserve respect for... doing the reports that prevent the game from degenerating into a bunch of cheaters?

Because I have no powers to abuse. Literally the ONLY thing my "moderator" status has gotten me is 5-10 hours less of free time each month from doing reports.

Seriously; if this is how people view the mods on this site, I really don't see the reason in continuing to be staff.

Don't let them get you down, I support you all!

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 08:00 PM
</3

SirBlayzalot
July 16th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I advocate for absolute free speech in one part of the forums... and perfect moderation for the rest... I think this is a perfect solution, but people would need to understand that the content in circle jerk is adult rated and has nothing to do with the SC2 mafia community... because trolls are gonna troll... at least if we give them an unmoderated place to have fun it wont hurt the rest of the community... if you do not appreciate what goes on in circle jerk do not read any of the posts...

this will free up free discussion with heated debates, funny threads with ridiculous themes... it may also leave the door open to very inappropriate things but everyone who participates will know what they are in store for...

also maybe cut-off post count for circle jerk, to promote people to join in legitimate conversations rather then post farming...

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM
All or nothing, I thought?

SirBlayzalot
July 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM

Lysergic... I have always respected the mods on this site.. it's the inequality and confusion leading to bans I don't respect... I think you guys are doing a good job for the most part... but things need to be more clear and precise... so good members don't get instantly banned for reasons they don't understand

SirBlayzalot
July 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM
All or nothing, I thought?

yes... ALL and ABSOLUTE free speech in Circle Jerk

Absolutely no hate speech in any other part of the forum... it is the same in a sense... but taking into account what Nick said... this seems to be the most logical solution

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 08:08 PM
All in part and no in part

Blazer
July 16th, 2012, 08:18 PM
<3 Lysergic. <3 Creed. You gaiz are awesome. I have no complaints about the mods. You follow the rules, you don't get in trouble.
You registered for this site and signed the terms of use. You accepted them moderating whatever your post and them ALLOWING you to have an account here.

FrostByte
July 16th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I would just like to point out that if I had made a thread anywhere but circle jerk telling someone to shut the fuck up, I would have been infracted and akira wouldn't have even thought twice about it and I would have deserved it.
I got an infraction that Akira knew would lead to a ban for "being an asshat." Not arguing that at the moment, but I most certainly believethat making a thread telling a group of people to shut the fuck up is asshattery at its finest. An infraction not being given out just proves the point which you've been arguing against for the last 12 hours, Rap.

Raptorblaze
July 16th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I would just like to point out that if I had made a thread anywhere but circle jerk telling someone to shut the fuck up, I would have been infracted and akira wouldn't have even thought twice about it and I would have deserved it.
I got an infraction that Akira knew would lead to a ban for "being an asshat." Not arguing that at the moment, but I most certainly believethat making a thread telling a group of people to shut the fuck up is asshattery at its finest. An infraction not being given out just proves the point which you've been arguing against for the last 12 hours, Rap.

I haven't posted in 12 hours...? I actually reported you for an infraction for that post which was retardedly long, in gen disc. I did not decide/request the amount of points, but the post itself was inappropriate. Just for reference, here is the skype log from when I posted said message:

[7/15/2012 11:25:37 PM] Jordan VanDusen: hi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n..

This was in max size and pink colored text. Long posts are one thing, spamming nonsense is entirely another.

Blazer
July 16th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Can you spoiler tag that please?

Ash
July 16th, 2012, 10:03 PM
This is why I'm still puzzled (And Akira still haven't answered this) why you got 8 infraction points for being an asshat or general beligerance w/e it is.

Raptorblaze
July 16th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Can you spoiler tag that please?

*embarrasing* I honestly don't know how to do spoilers lol. I'll set it to minimum size for now.

Tasogare_Akira
July 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM
This is why I'm still puzzled (And Akira still haven't answered this) why you got 8 infraction points for being an asshat or general beligerance w/e it is.

He got eight points for spamming the fuck out of something, then making it worse after a mod attempted to correct it.

Ash
I haven't posted in 12 hours...? I actually reported you for an infraction for that post which was retardedly long, in gen disc. I did not decide/request the amount of points, but the post itself was inappropriate. Just for reference, here is the skype log from when I posted said message:

[7/15/2012 11:25:37 PM] Jordan VanDusen: hi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n laff at thym as thy cry so if u lik griefing join my seruverhi r u a griefer do u like griefing on my server u can grief others n..

This was in max size and pink colored text. Long posts are one thing, spamming nonsense is entirely another.
Yea, this is why I think that thread should've been moved to circlejerk a long time ago. the whole thread was trollish.

this thread is about freedom of speech btw. just saying. not like it matters anyways.

Blazer
*embarrasing* I honestly don't know how to do spoilers lol. I'll set it to minimum size for now.

lmao do this [spoiler= (INSTERT NAME)] then the stuff [spoiler] <=== has a /. like so /spoiler

Raptorblaze
July 16th, 2012, 10:09 PM
lmao do this [spoiler= (INSTERT NAME)] then the stuff [spoiler] <=== has a /. like so /spoiler

Much appreciated, most of the tags i could get to work just by guessing at their names, but for some reason i had trouble with spoiler.

Blazer
July 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Much appreciated, most of the tags i could get to work just by guessing at their names, but for some reason i had trouble with spoiler.

Yeah you need to set the "=" to something. No problem ^^

Tasogare_Akira
July 16th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Yea, this is why I think that thread should've been moved to circlejerk a long time ago. the whole thread was trollish.

this thread is about freedom of speech btw. just saying. not like it matters anyways.

Threads needn't be moved to circlejerk for one post.

Yayap
July 16th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Threads needn't be moved to circlejerk for one post.

Threads shouldn't need to be moved at all... they should be CREATED in circlejerk. If mods have to move them then infractions should be handed out.

Ambient
July 16th, 2012, 10:20 PM
If the thread is circlejerk material, and not posted in the circlejerk area it is grounds for an infraction.

Ambient
July 16th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Furthermore, users who regularly post circlejerk material outside of that forum will be subject to higher point infractions.

Yayap beat me to it.

Blazer
July 16th, 2012, 10:21 PM
If the thread is circlejerk material, and not posted in the circlejerk area it is grounds for an infraction.

Furthermore, users who regularly post circlejerk material outside of that forum will be subject to higher point infractions.

Double post to get point count up...icwutudidthere ;)

Raptorblaze
July 16th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Double post to get point count up...icwutudidthere ;)

Posts in general discussion do not count towards post count.

Blazer
July 16th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Posts in general discussion do not count towards post count.

>.< i still forget these things.

FrostByte
July 16th, 2012, 10:29 PM

[7/15/2012 11:25:37 PM] bunch of shit

That's irrelevant.
The fact of the matter is asshattery is asshattery is asshattery.
Urban dictionary defines an asshat as:

asshat
2229 up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asshat#), 656 down (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asshat#)

A person, of either gender, whose behavior displays such ignorance/obnoxiousness that you would like to make them wear their own ass as a hat.
If telling a group of people to SHUT THE FUCK UP in a forum that isn't circlejerk isn't asshattery, then I honestly don't know what the fuck is.

Ash
July 16th, 2012, 10:32 PM
That's irrelevant.
The fact of the matter is asshattery is asshattery is asshattery.
Urban dictionary defines an asshat as:

asshat
2229 up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asshat#), 656 down (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asshat#)

A person, of either gender, whose behavior displays such ignorance/obnoxiousness that you would like to make them wear their own ass as a hat.
If telling a group of people to SHUT THE FUCK UP in a forum that isn't circlejerk isn't asshattery, then I honestly don't know what the fuck is.

i lol'd at that definition. must be correct. +1

edit: am i doing it right??
http://mediacdn.snorgcontent.com/media/catalog/product/d/o/donkey_h_fullpic_4.jpg

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Why does it feel the need to say of either gender? lol

FrostByte
July 16th, 2012, 10:35 PM
i lol'd at that definition. must be correct. +1
I would have defined it with Webster's, but their dictionary is sadly not up to date.

creedkingsx
July 16th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I would have defined it with Webster's, but their dictionary is sadly not up to date.

That's cause old people work for Webster

Duzero
July 17th, 2012, 01:57 AM
This isn't America, it's the internet. And if any laws were to be followed I would guess it would be canadian laws since the server is there.

Blazer
July 17th, 2012, 05:55 AM
This isn't America, it's the internet. And if any laws were to be followed I would guess it would be canadian laws since the server is there.

"Those damn canadians" *takes off shades*

Burnteskimo IIl.
July 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM
OP is a retard

If you ban everyone for saying what they want, they will just go to another forum. No one cares about your shit forum that gets probably like 50 unique visitors at most daily. Obviously we cant go to court over you banning editing, but we can just leave. The people that are asking for free speech are trying to help you keep your visitors. If you guys stop being butthurt over every little post you will see that you need members to post. I know its hard for you to live with yourself without feeling superior over people on the internet but maybe you can humble urself and realize banning people wont help

Lysergic
July 21st, 2012, 01:28 PM
I'm not saying that people should be banned unfairly. I'm saying that if you get banned, chances are it was warranted, and screaming about free speech is not going to change that. But way to not read the thread.

Burnteskimo IIl.
July 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
I'm not saying that people should be banned unfairly. I'm saying that if you get banned, chances are it was warranted, and screaming about free speech is not going to change that. But way to not read the thread.

Saying its warranted is an opinion. Of course im not going to waste my time reading your thread. Ill read the op, it basically screamed "im a raging faggot that doesn't know what hes talking about" and responded.

In my opinion we dont need people like you. Keepers are just a waste of space. Its DarkRevs sort of clever way to keep this forum alive. If you make someone have power, they will want to have power over people. So they invite friends and shit. Really ur not needed, if Darkrev wanted to keep people from saying what they want he would say so himself.

/thread

FrostByte
July 21st, 2012, 02:17 PM

Oh, so just another "Let's brown-nose authority!" thread.
Gotcha.

Lysergic
July 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM
God; seriously. Fuck this forum. I'm done.

Blazer
July 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM
I swear you better not leave. Look who your talking to though.

Duzero
July 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM
I swear you better not leave. Look who your talking to though.

Welcome to the club of many green cards.

Blazer
July 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the club of many green cards.

Glad to be here. We're even more legal now! Hell yeah!

Auckmid
July 22nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Or his rights as the guy who made this game for free for all of you to fucking enjoy?

Just started reading this thread but, LOL! Yeah, it's free to play, but how much money did he make before Blizard caught him infringing on there policys? Almost $7500?

Raptorblaze
July 22nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Just started reading this thread but, LOL! Yeah, it's free to play, but how much money did he make before Blizard caught him infringing on there policys? Almost $7500?

The donations weren't an issue, giving players special abilities ingame for them were.

Auckmid
July 22nd, 2012, 04:49 PM
The donations weren't an issue, giving players special abilities ingame for them were.

People were donating because they wanted the special benefits, which was against Blizards policy. I never said that the donations directly caused the whole issue, but they certainly did indirectly.

Mugy
July 26th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Bit of a shame though