PDA

View Full Version : Arsonist - imba points when winning

icarus
April 24th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Ive seen allready many games where the arsonist wins and the amount of points he get comapred to others roles is huge !

Aprox Points earned by win :

Arsonist wins - 43 points
Towners win - 17 points
Mafia wins - 17 points
etc ...

Winning as Arsonist isnt so hard... just has to survive until there are 4 or 5 left and burn themm all in a single round.
I think that should be changed or we can get people making Arsonist farming to get points :s

Dark.Revenant
April 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Arsonist is getting a lot of points, yes, but he still will get more than the others. I'll try to balance it, though.

anemoneya
April 24th, 2011, 07:05 PM
i didn't see many games where arsonist win :/

icarus
April 24th, 2011, 07:37 PM
another thing, choosing DR's choice sets by default that sheriff doesnt detect arsonist... so lots of games arsonist is undetected and that gives him even more advantage. Ive allready seen arsonist win 4 or 5 times.

Imagine, you win 2 times with arsonist : Bam 85 points ...
You need to win 5 matches as mafia or town to get same score

Deolrin
April 25th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Arsonists are the most obvious role to easily stop, seeing how they have unique descriptions for investigator roles, and they have as much of a chance to die at night as everyone else. So not only can the Mafia AND the Town easily detect him and kill him off, but he also has that one small chance that a serial killer\vigilante\mafia will kill him at night. And often, arsonists wait 3-4 nights before they burn everyone. That's quite a big risk.

Elixir
April 25th, 2011, 03:20 AM
On the topic of points, I just won a hard game as mafia for 13 points while citizens who lost get 10. That bonus needs to not apply to losses I think.

Dark.Revenant
April 25th, 2011, 08:46 AM
The bonus is for playing a role with no extra powers, regardless of win/loss status.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
April 25th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Arsonist is an entire team by himself. It tends to be hard to play when you have an entire town trying to figure you out as well as the Mafia going for majority.

McJesus
April 25th, 2011, 02:20 PM
wait an arsonist actually won a game? When was this?

icarus
April 25th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I don't say that is equal chance to win as mafia than as arsonist.
I just say that is imba. If there are some kind of stats you can see it.

As i've been playing i see that when you loose and stay until the end you earn 7 points (quite a lot), when you win as mafia or town you get between 10 and 15 points (depends on how many ppl been playing). And when u are arsonist bam 54...

So i guess the system gives around 4.5 x number of players = aprox. 63 points and share it between the ppl who won. The problem is that when arsonist wins noone else wins (as everyone is dead). On what i call a standard game ( 3 mafia 1 arso and 1 vigi, 1 sherif, 1 invest, 2 neutral 5 towners ) If invest dies fast and sheriff has default setup, ther is no chance to know who is the Arsonist.

Lets say Invest die fast on a 14 players game.

Day & Night 1: Invest dies, 1 towner dies. 1dosed
12 players left.

D&N 2 : 1 Mafia dies, 1 neutral dies. 2doseds
10 players left.

D&N 3: 2 towners die. 3 dosed
8 players left

D&N 4: 2 towners die. 4 dosed
6 left

N 5: 1 towner killed by mafia -> Arsonist wins.

So 9 people died over 14 ... sheriff cannot know who arsonist is because of default setup and chances that mafia kills arsonist are lets say random of 1/11+1/9+1/7+1/5 so i think chances to win by arsonist (if he doesnt do stupid things as voting guilty on everybody) are quite high in relation with the points he earn.

Dark.Revenant
April 25th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Points are calculated by game balance. One arsonist very rarely wins. Thus, his score will be proportionally much higher than the mafia who have a greater chance of winning. The points you get is directly proportional to your side's odds of winning. A 3-mafioso game will award more points to the mafia than a 2-mafioso + godfather + janitor game. A 13 SK vs 1 Arsonist game actually awarded 5 points to the loser SKs and Arsonist and 4 points to the winner SK.

Searix
April 25th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Lets say Invest die fast on a 14 players game.

Day & Night 1: Invest dies, 1 towner dies. 1dosed
12 players left.

D&N 2 : 1 Mafia dies, 1 neutral dies. 2doseds
10 players left.

D&N 3: 2 towners die. 3 dosed
8 players left

D&N 4: 2 towners die. 4 dosed
6 left

N 5: 1 towner killed by mafia -> Arsonist wins.

Have you even played Arsonist? The biggest problem with him is dousing someone and not knowing if they'll be dead or alive tomorrow, all the while dodging investigators, random lynches, and random hits.

What happens most games is you get around to mid game on night 4, and 2 of the 4 people you doused were already killed. Which means you need to douse more people to win, but then half of those people get killed, all the while you have to avoid getting killed.

Arsonist win rate is very low at the moment and the points awarded are fine

Vorpal
April 25th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I've only seen an arsonist win once, and that was me. Everyone I doused died, except the Godfather. Was me and the Godfather left at the end. He was as surprised as I was that it counted it as a win for me!

Imperfect
April 26th, 2011, 09:16 PM
There is a major flaw with Arsonist and Serial Killer. They cannot kill GF so if he doesn't get lynched you have no way of winning.

Dark.Revenant
April 26th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Arsonist and SK win ties with the mafia.

Clawtrocity
April 26th, 2011, 10:03 PM
But when there is only a godfather with immunity left and an SK/arson without immunity left shouldn't the godfather win?

Also if using that same tatic should an SK/arson win when there is only a Vigilante left?

Dark.Revenant
April 26th, 2011, 10:51 PM
If I accounted for every single combination of everything, I'd die of starvation before I finished half of them.